What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

P1340 - sensor replaced but engine failure persists

NikiJTaylor

Reaction score
Hello, I am almost at my wits end with my 2014 200hp petrol RCZ. Engine light came on just a couple of days before MoT was due (typical!) & the code was the dreaded P0087.
£800 for the pump and a handy husband later, fuel pump was replaced - code cleared and car running like a dream. Hooray! And as a bonus the MOT passed with flying colours.
7 whole days later, and I’m in limp mode, dashboard flashing like Blackpool illuminations So I limped home 2 miles & plugged in the code reader. P1340 - Camshaft position sensor B malfunction. So check d on here & found a thread all about it - changed the sensor, cleared the codes. But still getting the same error after the engine has been running for less than a minute. What is interesting is the fuel smell - it’s very strong & there is a bit of a judder/rumble going from 0-500 RPM.
I found another thread talking about fuel trims, which I will need a garage to do. Going to get it booked in tomorrow.
Any other ideas before I get her to the garage in limp mode?
I was so disappointed that the replacement sensor made zero difference.
Oh, one more thing I observed. The readout in the sensors shows n/a % on the Oxygen Sensor 2 Bank 1 short term fuel trim. I would have thought it would give a readout? Could that sensor be broken too? Any wise words would be gratefully accepted 🙏🙏

Pedro

Reaction score
The PCM (power control module ) determines the fuel trims from the oxygen sensors
The Oxy sensor bank 2 monitors the Cats function after the upstream sensor has done the all work
The smell of fuel is the engine timing out of sync due rich mixture
I can only advise what I Would be looking for therefore some far more qualified will come along a give you a far better explanation as is the usual case on here ?

NikiJTaylor

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback - car is currently with the local garage. See what they can diagnose. But the 3 mile drive in limp mode was definitely rough running. And not much acceleration at low rpm.
I will report back when I hear the verdict.

Pedro

Reaction score
Good luck hopefully it may be an easy fix if its fuel related 🙏😉