What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

p0087 code a ecu reprogramme

niggy0

Reaction score
my new (To m) RczR had to go back to the garage I bought it from as the fault R0087 (low fuel rail pressure)
the garage has just rung to say it needs an ECU reprogramme after the works ( but they wouldn't say what works had been carried out)

does that sound right - and more importantly being the highly tuned R - can any old Muppet that the garage will use do this job, or is that like;yto throw up more troubles

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
That sounds like it's the high pressure fuel pump that code has been posted on here many times but not heard anything about ecu reprogrammed...

niggy0

Reaction score
that what I had read on here and assumed, just have no idea why they are wanting to play with the ecu settings.

Pedro

Reaction score
My pump went awol & eventually died I drove it with my son scanning the fuel data in the car to check the High & Low fuel trims which were all over the place because of the pump pressure dropping on acceleration so we can assume they have checked all that before notifying you & yes the ECU will show fuel fault issues on their scanner
P0087 Fuel rail /system pressure too low usually points to the HPF pump

Pedro

Reaction score
I forgot to mention changing the pump is not rocket science many have achieved it whilst avoiding going to a garage its basically a bolt off blot on job

niggy0

Reaction score
I just don't know why they want to play with the ecu settings on the R model.
they claim its not the hpfp but I think they are just trying to avoid paying for one......

Pedro

Reaction score
I just don't know why they want to play with the ecu settings on the R model.
they claim its not the hpfp but I think they are just trying to avoid paying for one......
That code is generic across a whole range of car makes not just Peugeots also it can be triggered by a faulty fuel pressure sensor