What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

p0016

Gkerry

Reaction score
help needed. p0016. as come up now on my rcz can anyone tell we what i need to buy. i'm a lady so be nice i've attached my reader.

Attachments

• E3706319-E2F2-4762-A650-3B714432E199.jpeg
    E3706319-E2F2-4762-A650-3B714432E199.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 23

Pedro

Reaction score
If your going to a garage this might help ?
P0016 correlation Bank-1 Cam/ Crank position sensors work together through signals sent to the ECU to control the engine timing if one or both are at fault they will trigger the fault code showing on your scanner other issues can occur affecting this but if the car is running OK then its poss. the sensor/sensors are faulty

Gkerry

Reaction score
Thank pedro. Im
Going to buy the sensors an get some one to fit them are they easy also do I need one of each it’s a 61 plate 1-6.

Pedro

Reaction score
The scan shows the camshaft sensor so maybe change this one some people change both Cam & Crank to make sure as they both work together & anyone with a bit of car mechanics experience could change them over

Gkerry

Reaction score
The scan shows the camshaft sensor so maybe change this one some people change both Cam & Crank to make sure as they both work together & anyone with a bit of car mechanics experience could change them over
pedro. i've more codes come up. po299 po420. poo16. now one of my merchantic blaming each other one is saying down to my timing chain maybe not done right. other you fitted my timing chain over a year ago. is saying nothing to do with any as changed crank sensor and other sensor. it's starting get me down. also had drop bar link done today as slight rattle over a bump got it back still making same noise sick of been ripped off no one can do nothing we my car.

Pedro

Reaction score
P0299 Turbo low boost pressure sensor?
P0420 Catalytic converter Bank 1 signalling fueling problems
P0016 Crank/Cam position sensor signalling faults can lead to numerous running faults
The above could mean the engine timing is at fault the Bank 1 for the Cat may mean mixture is too rich or too lean or wrong fuel/Air ration?
Sometimes these faults can occur if the HPF pump or fuel rail sensor is faulty?

Gkerry

Reaction score
P0299 Turbo low boost pressure sensor?
P0420 Catalytic converter Bank 1 signalling fueling problems
P0016 Crank/Cam position sensor signalling faults can lead to numerous running faults
The above could mean the engine timing is at fault the Bank 1 for the Cat may mean mixture is too rich or too lean or wrong fuel/Air ration?
Sometimes these faults can occur if the HPF pump or fuel rail sensor is faulty?
I had timing chain changed in 2020. Another garage as done several things to this car. Said put both sensors on. A turbo sensor also this was a year ago. Also other bits an bobs. But the engine light wonte go off now throughing all the codes out. I’m getting so fed up no one seems to be able to sort it it out there just putting parts on it doesn’t need. I’m fed up of paying money out
Whst do u mean mean mixture two rich. Or lean ? Are u a garage Pedro.

Attachments

• 145570AF-9E8B-4263-A2AD-C984B0F6723E.png
    145570AF-9E8B-4263-A2AD-C984B0F6723E.png
    147.8 KB · Views: 10

Pedro

Reaction score
I have been fixing cars for over 40 odd yrs so I'm still learning & no I'm not a garage The term running too weak or too rich means that the Air & Fuel going into the cylinders is incorrect & If the (2) Upstream & downstream Cats are detecting Bank 1 it can mean problems with exhaust /fuel or again timing issues
I wonder has the car had the fuel pump changed or any work done on the fuel system I would ask the Mechanic if they have tested the fuel pressure & high & low fuel trims or checked the fuel rail sensor is ok ?
As for the engine light it will keep coming on especially for emission problems hence the code for the Cat has appeared as Bank 1 alternately the oxygen sensor or sensors may also be subject to being at fault as they play a important part in engine management

Gkerry

Reaction score
I have been fixing cars for over 40 odd yrs so I'm still learning & no I'm not a garage The term running too weak or too rich means that the Air & Fuel going into the cylinders is incorrect & If the (2) Upstream & downstream Cats are detecting Bank 1 it can mean problems with exhaust /fuel or again timing issues
I wonder has the car had the fuel pump changed or any work done on the fuel system I would ask the Mechanic if they have tested the fuel pressure & high & low fuel trims or checked the fuel rail sensor is ok ?
As for the engine light it will keep coming on especially for emission problems hence the code for the Cat has appeared as Bank 1 alternately the oxygen sensor or sensors may also be subject to being at fault as they play a important part in engine management
I don’t think so. The codes have seem to have gone off now. But poo16 is still there. I was told I had this put on last year. But it’s coming up with that. Now again.

Pedro

Reaction score
I don’t think so. The codes have seem to have gone off now. But poo16 is still there. I was told I had this put on last year. But it’s coming up with that. Now again
Is the Engine light on the dash ?

Pedro

Reaction score
What model & engine size is your car & is the STOP warning light on?