What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

P0016 For no good reason

Holmessato

Reaction score
Just changed Cam cover today to resolve an oil leak, and P0016 came up after a mile or so. Cleared it and it came back immidiately. Cam sensor was correctly seated in the new cover and connections are good. All checked out fine.
No performance issues, runs fine (oil leaks around cover seem cured too), just the one code.
Timing chain was done a year or so back, and there has not been any P0016 since Ive owned it. Timing chain and tensioner looked spot on today when I had the cover off.
Can only imagine the sensor is ultra sensitive to gap to the cam and the new cover may just be moving it fractionally further away (or new oil seal thats not so crushed causes it to stan higher?).
I was unbelieveable carefull while doing the work, so cant beleive Ill have harmed anything else.
New sensor on order but from reading previous posts Im not holding my breath.

Has anyone ever solved this issue? Ive seen at least 2 other posts with exactly the same scenario...and seems the issue was not fixed before despair and giving up.
I dont mean when its caused by stretched timing chain or incorrect timing, because thats deffinitly not the issue here.