What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

P0016 code after rocker cover gasket swap?

Digidick

Reaction score
Had an ongoing rocker cover oil leak for a while so decided to tackle it today and all went well until I started the car. As soon as I moved it the Engine light and corresponding warning flashed up on the dash. Gave it a scan with my Torque app and it came up with the P0016 error.

As you know the cam sensor plugs into the top en of the rocker cover and I don’t remember bashing it or man handling it but it’s the only thing that’s been touched/unplugged. Tried clearing the codes but it just comes back.

No other issues before this apart from the oil leak and no issues now apart from the error, car seems to drive as good as it did before.

Obvious thing to try next is a cam sensor.

Last edited:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully it is down to you unplugging the sensor.

I don't want to worry you what else can ping that error code.
Well, only if you have a petrol.

Digidick

Reaction score
Cheers. I have read timing chains and tensioners but all I’ve done is swap the rocker gasket and as you know I would have had to unplug the sensor.

Sister in law has one as well so she’s coming over tomorrow and I’ll pinch her sensor, so fingers crossed. Thought she had a diesel for some reason but luckily it’s the same 1.6 as mine.