What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

On what oil you're running your "R"?

A

Anonymous

Hi there, greetings from Czech Republic :beer:

What type of oil are you using for your RCZ R? i'm running on MOTOREX 0W30 and i'm absolutely happy with it.
To be honest, i'm not a big fan of Total car oils, although it's factory recommended oil by Peugeot...

A

Anonymous

I'm running Magnatec 5w-30 on my R.
Think I might change to Castrol Edge though.
I never go with the dealers oil as they are as a car manufacturer usually sponsored by the brand, hence they use them. And are usually more expensive as well.

My cars only done 5500 miles and had first years service, oil change about 600 miles ago. no problems, tick over perfect etc.
However this has I feel also been helped by the oil free Pipercross filter I had fitted at service.
The original filter, after seeing it is a huge lump of foam and seems very restrictive for air flow. Tickover was never steady.

I'll probably get a load of horror comments about my choice of oil but have been using in last few cars and my dad uses in his classic 4.0 Litre XK8 Jag, no problems ever.