What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

On the hunt

doodlen

Reaction score
Hey :)

Love the car, love the forums, thanks for being a great information source.

I'm "on the hunt" for a RCZ, no dealers offer them in my country so I have to resort to private sellers.
Unfortunately I'm not mechanically inclined but I'm learning as much as I can.

The condition of the cars I've seen from sellers have not been great so far, except one owner impressed me with his dedication and love to the RCZ he was selling, he cares for it like his baby.
The condition was exceptional, 2010 200bhp petrol black edition with 59,000km on the clock.
Besides a new clutch, battery and roof upholstery its all stock from factory, nothing replaced.

Now I am thinking it is sad if I were to buy his car because I would use it several times a week, run up the mileage and probably not be able to keep it in such great condition like the current owner..

Maybe he barely uses the car so it has issues he does not know about?

Anyways :) Just wanted to say hello and good day to you all.

Kyemin

Reaction score
Hey :)

Love the car, love the forums, thanks for being a great information source.

I'm "on the hunt" for a RCZ, no dealers offer them in my country so I have to resort to private sellers.
Unfortunately I'm not mechanically inclined but I'm learning as much as I can.

The condition of the cars I've seen from sellers have not been great so far, except one owner impressed me with his dedication and love to the RCZ he was selling, he cares for it like his baby.
The condition was exceptional, 2010 200bhp petrol black edition with 59,000km on the clock.
Besides a new clutch, battery and roof upholstery its all stock from factory, nothing replaced.

Now I am thinking it is sad if I were to buy his car because I would use it several times a week, run up the mileage and probably not be able to keep it in such great condition like the current owner..

Maybe he barely uses the car so it has issues he does not know about?

Anyways :) Just wanted to say hello and good day to you all.
Since you don't have many of those around in your country, and since you really want one, my suggestion would be to buy the best one you can find and prepare yourself to do all the work around it. You might spend some money getting it all figured out, but when it's done, if it's well done, you can relax if you follow the basic RCZ rules. Change oil every 6 months, change spark plugs every year, avoid going too fast on bad roads so you don't brake springs, follow the constructor recommendations for it's maintenance.
That one with a new clutch, I mean, it's suspicious in a way, but maybe he's not a very good driver and screwed his clutch. If that's the only problem, since batteries are a normal replacement and roof upholtery who cares, that it might be exactly what you're looking for. Ask for the service history, check the floor for oil stains where the car "sleeps" and you should be good to go! Grab a OBD reader and check the car, it also helps to check for past warnings and stuff.

Hope all goes well! Let us know how it's going! ;)