What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Old car!

MarianneSoLong

Reaction score
Hello, is anybody still driving a 2010 RCZ? I’m wondering how long I can keep mine on the road as there’s nothing else out there that I like….but it’s beginning to cost a fair bit to run. I need 3 new suspension bits for the MOT and now my boot is full of water and my heater is sulking. I’ve been told I need a new water pump and boot seals at c £1k just for the parts! Wondering how everybody else is doing?

thanks,
Mari

Pedro

Reaction score
Suspension parts should be changed in pairs so could you elaborate on what 3 issues needs doing the boot sometimes has water ingress from seal gone & or drains blocked water pump usually rattles if its dying heater might be the matrix is blocking throughflow of water ?

MarianneSoLong

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for replying. The suspension has been repaired. The problems I have now are the boot well filling with water although boot contents are dry and the heater will only blow hot air when I’m driving - I could leave the engine running for an hour and it wouldn’t heat without moving. The garage thinks the heating might be fixed by a new water pump and the most likely fix for the boot is new seals.

Pedro

Reaction score
Yeah the water pump can cause coolant flow issues & is noticed through the heater not getting a pressured throughflow in the matrix
Boot seals & door seals can deteriorate over years & their are posts on here relating to same problems one thing to check is the drain holes on the bottom of the boots bumper panel where the seal runs across there are one each side & must be kept clean & open as they drain off all the water coming from the roof & rear window

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
As Pedro wrote, definitely check the cleanliness of the drainage holes for that boot area. If you aren't getting water in the boot itself then it wouldn't be a problem with the seal.