What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Oil temperature fluctuate

MOB

Reaction score
Hi I've a 2010 RCZ the temp gauge has recently started going up and down not overheating just to 90 and bck down, then up and down never done this before. The fan seems to be kicking in aswell when I stop?? Any ideas??

Pedro

Reaction score
You mean coolant temp? Common generic problem with all the Zs is the temp sensor failure & depending on what type you have it usually means changing the Thermostat tank the fan will come on with the temp fluctuating up & down on the gauge

MOB

Reaction score
I've a 2010 1.6 156 bhp RCZ will it get worse? Overheat? Or anything else I should look out for?

Pedro

Reaction score
I've a 2010 1.6 156 bhp RCZ will it get worse? Overheat? Or anything else I should look out for?
if you can live with the fan blowing its head off maybe but any coolant fluctuation needs looking at you may need to just replace the temp sensor easy enough if your handy with a spanner it shouldn't overheat as long as the coolant level stays the same in the expansion bottle