What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Oil leak from timing belt tensioner

A

Anonymous

I have had my RCZ for about 6 months, bought it 2nd hand from an approved dealer. I noticed an oil leak coming from the engine bay so took it in for what I thought would be some simple warranty work.
To cut a long story short they charged me £270 to fix it because it apparently isn't covered by my extended warranty. Looking on here it seems this is a regular problem with the RCZ and I just wondered if anyone had any advice because I can't help but feel I've been ripped off paying that 6 months after buying the car.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

The timing tensioner will be covered by warranty as your car will have been under the expected life of the part. Providing you had the car fully serviced by a Peugeot Dealer at the recommended intervals I cannot see why you are not covered.

I've had some run ins with the extended warranty company lately and spoken to Peugeot UK about them.

this is what they said:

".. you have not actually been dealing with Peugeot Warranty. The extended warranty policy you have is provided and operated by a speciailist warranty company, Car Care Plan L:td., and their terms, conditions and processes are not set by ourselves."

So basically they know squat about the car. If for example they think its a rubber timing belt then they wont cover it. Its terrible that the garages linked with Peugeot wont fight in your corner for you though but if you had called the warranty company yourself you would likely have gotten better results.

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/fo ... ioner.html
This is an article for minis about the tensioner (same engine). its an interesting read

http://www.carcareplan.co.uk/product-warranty.html this is who your warranty is actually through.