What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

oh no... a chip mark

A

Anonymous

:evil:
washing car today,found a little chip out of the front edge of roof,where it meets the glass. Something fell out of a tree the other day,thought it hit the windscreen, but couldnt find any damage to the glass.
The the bombshell today when I was washing the car,a small chip in the black shiney roof :thumbdown:

Not a happy bunny :cry:

A

Anonymous

Oh noooooooooo - I feel for you - much sympathy :(

I hope it's fixable.......

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear your bad news David. I don't know where you are but check out Chips Away. They are a franchise but the ones in our area (north Northamptonshire) are brilliant and very reasonable.

A

Anonymous

Oh my goodness, that's dreadful. I do hope it's repairable and not extortionately expensive.

FGRob

Reaction score
I've got a couple of stone chips around the front bumper, not much you can do I'm afraid, especially now they are putting the salt down :shock: :shock:

I tend to wait then have a few done all at once - it's cheaper that way.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Had my first after 2 days. Small stone must've bounced off the back edge of the bonnet then the windscreen wiper arm then the windscreen. Small parallel scratch on bonnet and matching on wiper arm. :(

A

Anonymous

These are sadly unavoidable :cry: , especially, as FGRob pointed out, they've started gritting the roads. My trade-in was bright red and I was astonished at the number of chips it had :eek: . I'd been a bit naughty and was letting the Poles do the car detailing just up to about 8 weeks before I changed cars and got my eyes opened to the damage done to our cars :roll: . Hopefully they won't show up as much on Freddie. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the messages of sympathy/support, I am picking up my £600 spare wheel next week,so the dealer said he would get it sorted for me when I pick it up.Bought a car for my wife today, me thinks I may garage the rcz to avoid the salt and gritters and use her's almost all of the time.Although a bit embarrassing driving a megenta Fiesta Titanium :oops: ;)

RCZ1

Reaction score
David ck said:
Thanks for the messages of sympathy/support, I am picking up my £600 spare wheel next week,so the dealer said he would get it sorted for me when I pick it up.Bought a car for my wife today, me thinks I may garage the rcz to avoid the salt and gritters and use her's almost all of the time.Although a bit embarrassing driving a megenta Fiesta Titanium :oops: ;)

Oh great stuff - I love those new magenta Fiesta's :thumbup: There's one not far from me - it looks great. I really like the look of the new Fiesta's - nice little car :dance:

A

Anonymous

Yeah no worries - I like them too - great girly colours! :thumbup:

AND I bet they are easier to park than the 6ft 5 backside of the RCZ :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the support about the chip :beer: ,annoying thing is,I dont really know how it happened :eusa-think: .Anyway,gets fixed next week,hopefully the black on the roof will be easier than the Pearl white if it had been somewhere else. :helpme:
We pick up my wife's new car in 2 weeks ,
bit of a difference from the 5 months I waited for my RCZ, then it is wrap in cotton wool for the winter time to protect my RCZ beauty from the salt/grit and winter roads. :wave:
It will be embarrassing to be driving a hot megenta Fiesta, but worth it to save the RCZ from the harsh Scotish winter. :roll:

Attachments

• untitled (2).jpg
    untitled (2).jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,175
A

Anonymous

Picked up my spare wheel yesterday and my dealer got his chip man to have a look. He is uggesting a roof respray to 2blow in 2 the repair,it is a 1mm chip mark on the front edge. Not sure where this would leave me with body waranty if it is really necessary. Does anyone know if there is a suitable chip stick/touch up available yet for the black in the roof ?

A

Anonymous

Dave

The simple answer to your question about availability of a touch up kit is I don't know. However, if your dealer repairs the chip it should not adversely affect the warranty.

Cheers

David