What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Oh lord, give me strength

HARWOOD

Reaction score
One of my day time running light bulbs had blown so I enquired as to the cost of a replacement bulb from the dealership where I bought the car from new and was quoted £43.34 inc VAT to have one fitted. I queried the price and was informed that the bulb cost £1.80 but it was a labour intensive job hence the price quoted. I was due to go into Birmingham on Saturday morning so enquired to a Peugeot dealership which was on route only to be told that you could not fit replacement bulbs and I would have to buy a complete new headlight unit at approx £290.00 + VAT. I hasten to add that I bought two new bulbs at £1.40 ea + VAT and it took me 5 minutes to fit both - Do these dealerships think that we are stupid :?: :?:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
OMG. Thats rediculous :lol: If anything, they are the easiest ones to change. Its more labour intensive to change the whole unit as the bumper has to come off.

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
OMG. Thats rediculous :lol: If anything, they are the easiest ones to change. Its more labour intensive to change the whole unit as the bumper has to come off.
How I didn't tell the chap in the spares department at this Peugeot dealership in Birmingham what a complete and utter W_nker he was for insisting that you couldn't buy or fit replacement bulbs is beyond me :evil:

A

Anonymous

Have to buy a completely new headlight unit?! Wtf(udge)?! That's a completely ludicrous statement!!! As is the claim that changing the bulbs is labour intensive! Where do they find these people?!

A

Anonymous

I do so get annoyed with the incompetence of these dealers :thumbdown: How many of our members have changed the DRL's :eusa-think: Loads have changed them for LED's. Yes it's a pig to do if you have big hands but............ :crazy:

hanswuk

Reaction score
If it's the following bulb we (GSF Car Parts) sell these retail for £0.90 incl. VAT.

P21/ 5W, Voltage 12 V, Rated Power 21/5 W, Socket vers. BAY15d

(The picture won't copy and paste into here!).

Our bulb supplier (Osram) say that external LED bulbs are still illegal unless originally fitted......

A

Anonymous

hanswuk said:
If it's the following bulb we (GSF Car Parts) sell these retail for £0.90 incl. VAT.

Our bulb supplier (Osram) say that external LED bulbs are still illegal unless originally fitted......

Quick tip to help you help a fellow RCZ'er. If you want to show a picture from the internet in a forum post, you right click on the image, click the "Copy Image Location" link and then paste it inbetween an image tag. (this is an image tag --> "Paste%20the%20path%20you%20copied%20inbetween%20the%20image%20tag%20here") e.g. the image of the little mobile phone at the top of the forum is just an image with a hyperlink. I can reference the image using the tags as described above to show like so

HARWOOD

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
Have to buy a completely new headlight unit?! Wtf(udge)?! That's a completely ludicrous statement!!! As is the claim that changing the bulbs is labour intensive! Where do they find these people?!
Where do they find these people? Ex MP's :eusa-shhh:

hanswuk

Reaction score
MaX83 said:
hanswuk said:

Quick tip to help you help a fellow RCZ'er. If you want to show a picture from the internet in a forum post, you right click on the image, click the "Copy Image Location" link and then paste it inbetween an image tag. (this is an image tag --> "Paste%20the%20path%20you%20copied%20inbetween%20the%20image%20tag%20here") e.g. the image of the little mobile phone at the top of the forum is just an image with a hyperlink. I can reference the image using the tags as described above to show like so

Max, thanks for your advice. I know how to link to normal internet images but this one is in a password protected electronic catalogue which you won't be able to see so I was trying to copy and paste it directly into the message. In future I'll copy the image elsewhere and then link to it. :)

A

Anonymous

hanswuk said:
MaX83 said:
hanswuk said:

Max, thanks for your advice. I know how to link to normal internet images but this one is in a password protected electronic catalogue which you won't be able to see so I was trying to copy and paste it directly into the message. In future I'll copy the image elsewhere and then link to it. :)

Try saving it and hosting it in Photobucket or imageshack.

stig rotax

Reaction score
I am about to replace the P21/5W and found it's not just a remove and replace job. However, as you all seem to think it's a 5 minute job, it looks as if I missed something.

Back to the driveway.

ok, job done. Let's go back to basics.

The drive lightbulbs are good old-fashioned H1 P21/5W types with bayonet fittings. Philips want €17 for the chinese manufactured bulb or a no-name made in Poland costs €2.
Tools: torch, long-nose pliers, fingers.
To get the old one out: peel off the middle light rubber cover and there you'll see the lights, nicely enclosed. A torchlight would be handy to see inside, long-nose pliers to get around the fine wires and also to push the braided cord to the side at the same time. The black bulb holder twists a quarter turn and slides out, with the bulb. Don't force it. There's enough play in the wiring to replace the bulb easily. Putting it back, take care not to force anything.

Apologies if this seems all too obvious but some drivers might be put off when seeing the holder.
Bye for now

Kyemin

Reaction score
I am about to replace the P21/5W and found it's not just a remove and replace job. However, as you all seem to think it's a 5 minute job, it looks as if I missed something.

Back to the driveway.

ok, job done. Let's go back to basics.

The drive lightbulbs are good old-fashioned H1 P21/5W types with bayonet fittings. Philips want €17 for the chinese manufactured bulb or a no-name made in Poland costs €2.
Tools: torch, long-nose pliers, fingers.
To get the old one out: peel off the middle light rubber cover and there you'll see the lights, nicely enclosed. A torchlight would be handy to see inside, long-nose pliers to get around the fine wires and also to push the braided cord to the side at the same time. The black bulb holder twists a quarter turn and slides out, with the bulb. Don't force it. There's enough play in the wiring to replace the bulb easily. Putting it back, take care not to force anything.

Apologies if this seems all too obvious but some drivers might be put off when seeing the holder.
Bye for now
Hope this helps you:

Check the account, lots of usefull info from this guy.

Cheers! ;)