What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Now selling H&R Wheel Spacers

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

Another modification that can be done to give your car an even sleeker look, and that is the addition of Wheel Spacers.

Adding wheel spacers moves the wheels out closer to the edge of the fender giving a more aggressive look and better symmetry with the overall look of the car from the side. Don't just use any spacers, the correct spacers and bolts are a must for safety reasons.

Wider is better! Improve the look as well as the handling of your car with H&R TRAK+ wheel spacers. RCZ Performance recommends H&R TRAK+ spacers for the RCZ, as these come in different widths utilizing hub-centric technology to centre your wheel on the hub like factory. You can use these spacers with a factory ride height or a lowered ride height RCZ, factory wheels or after-market wheels. A lot of the after-market wheels come with an off-set that does require spacing, so H&R is your best choice.

Made in Germany from high grade aluminium/magnesium alloy.

The kits include 2-spacers. When choosing the spacer kit you want, you will need 2-kits if you are wanting space both front and rear wheels.

Spacer Widths
10 mm (2 x 5 mm)
20 mm (2 x 10 mm)
24 mm (2 x 12 mm)
30 mm (2 x 15 mm)
40 mm (2 x 20 mm)
50 mm (2 x 25 mm)

Using the correct wheel bolts is a must also, and RCZ Performance has taken the time to make sure that you can choose a set of H&R wheel bolts that go with the spacers you choose. You do have the option to purchase the spacers with or without the bolts. Bolts are also available in sets of 10 on their own.

More information:

http://rczperformance.com/Suspension.html#HR

To buy:

http://shop.rczperformance.com/HR_c32.htm

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

A

Anonymous

Hmmm, never thought about it before, but looking at the car I can see it would look even better with wider wheels...
Has anyone tried these spacers (how wide?) are there any photos of a car with them on?

Also thinking it might be possible to use wider alloys when these spacers are in place???

Is it legal? :shock:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
KRAFTWERK said:
Hmmm, never thought about it before, but looking at the car I can see it would look even better with wider wheels...
Has anyone tried these spacers (how wide?) are there any photos of a car with them on?

Also thinking it might be possible to use wider alloys when these spacers are in place???

Is it legal? :shock:

We have spacers on our car, just the rear for now (5mm). Just that little made a difference on the look, but then our car is very low and so it really doesn't need much spacing. But once we get the brakes replaced and look at different wheels we will see what spacers are needed if any.

For the stock wheels and stock height, the maximum is 10mm on each side although I have heard of 12mm being done as well (front and rear). 5mm spacers on the front are not recommended as they do not have the hub centric part and so the front wheels sit on less of the factory hub centric part on the hub.

Sorry no pictures at the moment.

Wider alloys are possible, but the offsets of the after-market wheels do require spacers, unless you get them custom made.

Legal, yes they are.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your reply RCZ-Performance!

Do you need to change the brakes? Or is it something you were going to do anyway?

I will give this a thought, at least for the rear wheels...

Cheers!

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
RCZ-Performance said:
Wider is better! Improve the look as well as the handling of your car with H&R TRAK+ wheel spacers. RCZ Performance recommends H&R TRAK+ spacers for the RCZ, as these come in different widths utilizing hub-centric technology to centre your wheel on the hub like factory. You can use these spacers with a factory ride height or a lowered ride height RCZ, factory wheels or after-market wheels. A lot of the after-market wheels come with an off-set that does require spacing, so H&R is your best choice.

Sales talk. :oops:

Spacers on factory fitted wheels especially in the front will drastically change the handling, most times in a bad way.

The stability under braking decreases when you widen the track in front. You change the scrub radius. It's difficult to explain in English for me. :oops: But Wikipedia helps: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrub_radius

To bring after market wheels to the right offset H&R is definitely the best choice. Always make sure you buy centred spacers. :thumbup:

Legal? Not in every country in the EU. Here in Belgium it's illegal. :oops:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
KRAFTWERK said:
Thank you for your reply RCZ-Performance!

Do you need to change the brakes? Or is it something you were going to do anyway?

I will give this a thought, at least for the rear wheels...

Cheers!
No need to change the brakes, just something I am doing any ways.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Joske said:
RCZ-Performance said:

Sales talk. :oops:

Spacers on factory fitted wheels especially in the front will drastically change the handling, most times in a bad way.

The stability under braking decreases when you widen the track in front. You change the scrub radius. It's difficult to explain in English for me. :oops: But Wikipedia helps: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrub_radius

To bring after market wheels to the right offset H&R is definitely the best choice. Always make sure you buy centred spacers. :thumbup:

Legal? Not in every country in the EU. Here in Belgium it's illegal. :oops:

Good points and yet a very common modification, and again with all modifications their is a known risk taken. However with that said the risk is not that great when you are talking 10mm or less on each wheel, although you still need to be aware of what spacers change. With after-market wheels most will require a much wider spacer in which you will need to understand more about stability and scrub radius.

Like you we agree the H&R are the best as they have incorporated the hub-centric setup (well the kits I sell do, except for the 5mm, these are too thin to have them that is why they are only used on the rear and not the front).

We tell all our customers to check local laws before buying any after-market parts form us (it's in our T&C's).

At the end of the day 10mm front and rear puts the wheels just where they should be. If you do not want to use spacers to achieve this, then you will have to have wheels made. Or leave the car as is and it will still turn heads :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Re: Now selling H&R Wheel Spacers

I can't even pretend that this technical discussion isn't going entirely over my head... :eusa-think: :lol: