What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Not-so pearl white...

A

Anonymous

Having had the RCZ for 6 weeks now, I'm amazed that I've yet to see another out on the road; where are you all? Anyway, I'm having issues with a long lasting brightness of whiteness, even using a wax. It's obviously going to get worse through the winter, so what can I do to avoid a weekly wash? I really don't have that much time!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Firstly, nothing is going to stop your car getting dirty especially during the winter months.

Secondly, on white cars, its best to go for a sealant as they make the paint more reflective, crisper and sharper and will also bring out the pearlescent flake in the paintwork. Waxes do tend to slightly dull a paint but add warmth. Sealants are more glass like. Sealants do tend to keep your car cleaner for longer compared to waxes. Waxes can tend to grab onto dirt whereas sealants, especially the new nano technology ones, can shrug it off a little better. I only wash mine once a fortnight. One week mine, the next my husbands due to time restrictions.

A

Anonymous

I find the wax (meguirs currently) looks brilliant when its first on but one drive through the rain and it seems to pick up traffic film - a kind of greasy discolouration/dirt.
The G tech sealant I've used seems to still pick this up but not as much (though it could be my imagination :lol: )