What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Not for Boys

Dannyboy

Reaction score
Let's face it, the RCZ is a great looking car. Its different its what a car should look like.
Is it perfect? Not by a long chalk. It is though Charismatic & takes a certain type of person to enjoy & appreciate.
Yes it's a "bitsa" & with a bit more investment & ergonomic thought, it could've been an absolute classic.
That said, there are many many good points about them. Styling & Handling the best two in my opinion together with the Chasis (308 but it suits).
But to drive it & really appreciate it is a grown up experience in my view. Commands attention to get the best out of it.
Thoughts?
Danny D.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
In my my opinion it is already a classic and definitely a future classic that will increase in value as they’re pretty rare now but the nice ones are getting really hard to find, it’s a beautiful design and personally there’s not one bad angle on the car.
Perfect? No but is anything?
Suppose we would want a 3 litre v6 rear wheel drive but beggars can’t be choosers 😁

Claret63

Reaction score
Let's face it, the RCZ is a great looking car. Its different its what a car should look like.
Is it perfect? Not by a long chalk. It is though Charismatic & takes a certain type of person to enjoy & appreciate.
Yes it's a "bitsa" & with a bit more investment & ergonomic thought, it could've been an absolute classic.
That said, there are many many good points about them. Styling & Handling the best two in my opinion together with the Chasis (308 but it suits).
But to drive it & really appreciate it is a grown up experience in my view. Commands attention to get the best out of it.
Thoughts?
Danny D.
Interesting points, would definitely agree with the experience and attention to get the best out of it, but am thinking more about the R with that point.

We had a GT HDi last year, I really enjoyed driving that, loved the torque of that engine, just needed an LSD in my opinion to make it better.

There are a lot of people who have stated about what it would have been like with rear wheel drive and a bigger engine, personally I don’t think that would work with the RCZ, it’s a sports car, therefore it should be as light as possible, I don’t think the chassis would suit rear wheel drive and a bigger engine.

My wife has a TT TDI Quattro, in comparison to the Z it feels heavy and clumsy down the B roads due to the weight of the Quattro system, plus the under steer is terrible.

This is why I think the R is just right engine wise and chassis set up, someone at Peugeot knew exactly what they were doing with the R to make it a good sports car.

Flanners

Reaction score
Slightly OT but I was looking at a Lotus Evora 3.5 V6 similar bhp to the R; did a versus for a stat comparison and it really shows where in my view the R as a sports car holds it's own and makes it such good fun, the 'in-gear' response/acceleration/performance, very similar times round the various tracks too.

Claret63

Reaction score
Slightly OT but I was looking at a Lotus Evora 3.5 V6 similar bhp to the R; did a versus for a stat comparison and it really shows where in my view the R as a sports car holds it's own and makes it such good fun, the 'in-gear' response/acceleration/performance, very similar times round the various tracks too.

In gear acceleration/ performance definitely due to the gear ratios, this is where the R excels once on the move, also being front wheel drive coupled with LSD it corners better than a rear wheel drive.

Peugeot sport really did know what they were doing!

Last edited: