What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Norn Iron

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone, I've really had my eyes opened on this forum. I am a complete numpty about car specs etc. Because this is the 7th Peugeot we've bought through the same Belfast dealer, we just turned up and said we wanted an RCZ. We always talk to the same wonderful girl and she's always guided us through what we want seamlessly; the cars have always been perfect (407s and 207s), the customer service superb, the aftersales exceptional, and this time was no exception. So all I know is that our new RCZ is black, it is petrol, and I think it might be a GT model. We did order the paler colour leather seats as the showroom car seemed dark inside with black seats.
The notification of build date - well, I just thought the car would be arriving that day! Thanks for enlightening me!
We already have a cherished plate - 3 letters 3 numbers - which we've had for 15 years and keep transferring as we change cars. But with RCZ being a standard NI reg I've got a couple of mates standing by under instruction not to let their plates go without letting me know! I.e. RCZ xxyy or xyxy, or xyyx. I reckon there's going to be a bit of a run on them! Plus DVLNI sometimes release plates to dealers and you never know!
It's SOOOOOOO exciting!!!! Hope you are all coping with the wait!

A

Anonymous

Hi Oakville, I think you got your car from the same dealer that P90James did. :thumbup: I got mine from N'Ards and have no complaints either altho' this is my first Peugeot. The wait's a killer as well as being exciting but some forum members have been waiting YONKS for their car to be built :crazy: . I was told I should have mine for Hallowe'en so that's not too long to go :dance: . I've also opted for the light grey leather because I'm losing my sunroof and thought the interior was a bit dark too. Maybe we'll meet some day to drool over our prospective purchases. :beer:

A

Anonymous

Hi, yes if you ordered the gt it comes with leather seats and imitation leather dash etc-but it looks the part with triple stitching. admit the black does make interior dark but its an aquired taste. watch the ligher colours because they easily stain especially with certain blue jeans. I would seal it with a good leather wax before use. the non gt model has cloth seats so some buyers have bought them and had seats recovered in leather profesionally to save a few bob. as my last car was in black i promised never to get another black one, too much cleaning.

RCZ1

Reaction score
bee said:
Hi, yes if you ordered the gt it comes with leather seats and imitation leather dash etc-but it looks the part with triple stitching. admit the black does make interior dark but its an aquired taste. watch the ligher colours because they easily stain especially with certain blue jeans. I would seal it with a good leather wax before use. the non gt model has cloth seats so some buyers have bought them and had seats recovered in leather profesionally to save a few bob. as my last car was in black i promised never to get another black one, too much cleaning.

I'm having my cloth seats retrimmed in top quality Nappa leather and I would like to say it was not "to save a few bob"

Having seen the work that the company carries out on re-trimming I will never again order leather from a dealer. The finish and quality of the leather they supply is second to none ! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Oakville was it Victoria you bought the car from? She's just great to deal with!

A

Anonymous

Hi P90James, no, it's the lovely Bronagh at CH Boucher Rd. 7 cars ago I went into Renault, and was so patronised by the guy there that I thought, to pot with this, and went off to Peugeot instead. Renaultman obviously thought a female couldn't buy a car without a man in tow! Bronagh just happened to be on duty that day, and the rest is history!

A

Anonymous

I don't get why salespeople take that attitude... surely half their customers are female!! Has to be said though, all of the staff at CH Peugeot are great :)

A

Anonymous

In fairness it was a while ago. (He probably didn't want to be there anyway!) CH have always been great with us and I can't see us buying from anyone else. Once you have built that relationship, there's nothing better. They have always treated us fairly. We usually get a nice valet when the car is in for service! (at least a wee wash!)