What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Noisy spoiler

seren

Reaction score
I bought my RCZ THP 156 new in 2011 and still am very happy with it. It has low mileage (nearly 70.000 km). Just out of the blue (or maybe not, read on), the deployment and lowering of the rear spoiler is quite noise. I can hear it from inside the car when it typically deploys at 90 km/h and lowers again at 70 km/h. I don't remember having heard this (so loudly) before.

I took a look at the mechanism, but didn't see anything weird.

Searching this forum I saw some of you lubricate the thing. That's something I have never done. Can someone detail this some more? What parts (rod, motor, plastic mechanism on both sides) and with what kind of lubrication (WD40?)?

What might have caused it is, I have washed my car differently than before. I now used a high pressure cleaner (although the spoiler was lowered and I really didn't aim on the spoiler explicitly), foam afterwards and then cleaned with a rotating brush. Before I did everything manually.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Pedro

Reaction score
Clean the mechanism first then apply white grease along the piton when its fully extended upwards

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely clean. There's no point greasing muck. I did the same with mine, sprayed some degreaser on the mechanism, worked it in with a brush then flushed it with water.

seren

Reaction score
Thanks guys!! I'll do that. Would silicon grease do?

BTW what exactly is the piton? It's the iron bar/rod, isn't it?

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
Thanks guys!! I'll do that. Would silicon grease do?

BTW what exactly is the piton? It's the iron bar/rod, isn't it?
The piston is the small round bar that pushes the spoiler up apply grease along its length & silicon is ok but remember to use it sparingly as too much will result in dirt clogging the mechanism