What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Noise whilst breaking

A

Anonymous

I have searched the forum for this problem, I hope I'm not repeating something that has already been discussed.

I have an intermittent noise whilst breaking, my other half describes it as if going over a rumble spot, although there is no vibration. It lasts one maybe two seconds but very annoying! I am taking it in to be looked at on Wednesday, just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Oh by the way it's a 200 petrol 2010.

Waiting with bated breath.

A

Anonymous

Just though I'd let you know the car went into the dealers to have a look and it turns out to be the 'dump valve on the turbo' that is making the noise. When the pressure builds up to a certain level the 'dump valve releases it', it's a feature of the car apparently! So there you go.

A

Anonymous

The dump valve is routed back into the air box (as far as I know) making it almost silent. Can you hear the same sound if you just sit on the drive and rev the car and take you foot off ?
Most dump valves work instantly and do not last a few seconds, maybe 1 at the most.
Have you tried washing the brakes out, just in case its brake dust ?

richard.au

Reaction score
almost everything makes a noise when it breaks ... but when your brakes are noisey, then that's something to consider ;)

A

Anonymous

I had something break the other day, it made a hell of a crash but then mugs on tiled floors usually do. My brakes in my 156 petrol however are pretty much silent especially when I have my banging tunes on ;-)

A

Anonymous

Only thing that makes a noise when I brake hard is the other half sitting next to me :)

A

Anonymous

I did a FULL emergency stop yesterday at the old strip where I live as a test.
Solid- no noise - no issue!

A

Anonymous

Starky said:
Only thing that makes a noise when I brake hard is the other half sitting next to me :)
Usually followed by I'm a better driver than u are :crazy: although the alloys on my last car could tell a different story :dance:

A

Anonymous

Usually followed by I'm a better driver than u are :crazy: although the alloys on my last car could tell a different story :dance:[/quote]
I'm ok on that score, she only sits on the left hand side, my alloys are kerb free :)