What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

no power to car

kevin1959

Reaction score
i have power to all fuses on top off battery, battery new well charged,all fuses ok,on bsi no voltege,i have no electric in car nothing works ,done resets not happning,even done shunt fuse for fifhteen minutes nothing,check all wires relays all ok cant put drivers window down as got no power ,looks like peugout main dealer,time for trousers to be pulled down,anyone who has had this issue i feel for you,lets see if we missed something,please any tips would be greatful,wife dont like giant paper weight outside, me i am a home mecahnic but when its comes to eletrictrics i lost

Pedro

Reaction score
I was going to suggest main fuse fault or a really bad earth ground somewhere but I won't hedge my bets on this one as you have no battery drain to go at?
I once had a similar problem on a 207cc different system faults & things began goin AWOL took the BSI off & sent it for test & repair it appeared it was victim of a previous bodge they fixed the faults I rewired back in & car was OK I'm not stating yours could be goosed but the BSI is the brain that shares the data between the ECU's on all modern cars so if its got as they say spiked it won't operate any functions anywhere on the car & it can seem as though the battery has died a death + they can in fact actually corrupt themselves which means they have to be taken off for reprogramming repairs which may be the only option?

kevin1959

Reaction score
well up date cleaned turbo, bought boost pressure sensor,maf sensor checked all vacuum ok car starts fine runs fine only issue now when starting from cold get a popping sound and rough idel then sorts it self out ,i going to replace back timeing selonoid,i pretty sure its that ,outherwise idle valve havent found that yet lol, but hey what a great car to drive.

kevin1959

Reaction score
just a comment from a old git lol,i worked on many cars from morris marinas ,to marine engines, these rcz need good oil spark plugs and filters,its as simple as that,sensors do effect the car with odd issues ,but hey shit happens,get code reader that sort it out,only issue is the jacking point dont jack car from them they will fold back and crush sill who done that lol.all have a nice day