What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

No lights!

A

Anonymous

Hi, my work colleague (who doesn't do computers) is having trouble with ther RCZ.

The other day she completely lost all lights, except the DRLs ( i assume was told the sidelights worked) no brake, indicators or anything. All back to normal the next day, but taken to her local garage and the dealer, who charged £50 to tell her there's nothing wrong with it. Looking at the posts various people have water related problems, my question is where should we be looking for water ingress that would take out all the lighting, I assume they'd be on a few different circuits?

Cheers
Chris

tianorth

Reaction score
Modern electronics are very finicky something totally unrelated can cause all sorts of problems.
Water ingress has been reported on the boot opening switch, which has lead to windows not working or opening by themselves.
Who knows if this same fault doesn't put lights on but dashboard say they are? (Unless it is dark).
Unless the fault is actually apparent at the time of diagnosis the chances of locating it is hard, even if it is there the experts still will believe the computer when it says no, because they don't know how to fault find any more.