What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie needs desperate advice. Mystery leak

adelaideRCZ

Reaction score
I am a newbie in rcz which is a petrol 1.6 of 2011 Auto.

Few days ago I replaced my timing chain as well as a oil change (service )

Saturday I noticed a "puddle" of oil on the floor and today morning I noticed another big puddle. The dash says oil level is correct but Im sure it's not reliable. Checked dipstick for oil level and it's completely ok.

Where is this oil coming from if the sump has sufficient oil?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Could it be that the oil is coming from the oil filter if not tight or rubber seal has been trapped

RCZ-R

Reaction score
You sure it is engine oil?
Not coolant?
Not power steering oil?

Chillipip

Reaction score
Seeing as you mention you’ve done the timing chain, I’d check to see if the timing chain tensioner is tightened up and make sure the sealing ring is there, or just replace the seal ring again and tighten back up. Part number is 0829G9.

lfe

Reaction score
If the problem did not exist before replacing the chain, then you have to go back to the workshop to have them fix what they did wrong.

adelaideRCZ

Reaction score
If the problem did not exist before replacing the chain, then you have to go back to the workshop to have them fix what they did wrong.
Yes sending it back today. For sure they will tell me something new and try to charge for it. Many of the Aussie mechanics thinks that owners doesn't know shit about engines or motor mechanics. They use terms like "ah mate motor is faaarked" or shitty breakes. And then the Aussie consumer ends up paying anything the mechanics wants us to pay

adelaideRCZ

Reaction score
Seeing as you mention you’ve done the timing chain, I’d check to see if the timing chain tensioner is tightened up and make sure the sealing ring is there, or just replace the seal ring again and tighten back up. Part number is 0829G9.
I did ring them, and then said oh probably it was there from beginning. Lol. There are puddles of oil everywhere I park this. I'm worried if USA will try to bring democracy after seeing all this heaps of oil

adelaideRCZ

Reaction score
Update - sent back to the mechanic today and he says that rocker cover, tensioner is dry (all areas they laid hands on when they did the timing belt chain). And now they say the leak is seen at front of the engine, probably under heat exchange or turbo area.

i didnt see such a huge spill before the timing belt chain - could this have happened due to incorect fitting etc

BobM

Reaction score
Update - sent back to the mechanic today and he says that rocker cover, tensioner is dry (all areas they laid hands on when they did the timing belt chain). And now they say the leak is seen at front of the engine, probably under heat exchange or turbo area.

i didnt see such a huge spill before the timing belt chain - could this have happened due to incorect fitting etc
Could be turbo oil feed pipe? I had it before leaks at the front. Check my listings to see the thread I uploaded a vid.