What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New Tyres before the RCZ goes back...........

A

Anonymous

hello

I thought I would ask people opinions on here as regards my RCZ see if you can help me at all.

So after the start of the year that I had ( not having my car for 2.5 months because Peugeot could not find the fault and after replacing the timing chain tensioner timing chain itself and not to mention the head gasket (due to labour cost and parts etc it would of been cheaper for them just to drop a new engine into the car!!!) at 29k and being on the phone/head office numerous times I have nearly come to an end of the RCZ!

So here is my question - I have the car on the passport deal and this runs out come September but I am not able to commit to anything new as yet due to redundancies at my work but I need to get x4 new tyres, as if I were to be stopped now I would be either on the limit or past it!! And as you can see it will be returning to Peugeot at the end of Aug/Sept so I was only looking to put on the budget tyres as I can see no point in putting a fortune into the car right now

can anyone tell me if these tyres are any good : Nankang AS 1 235/40R19 96 Y XL - these would cost £101 where as the others I've found are nearly £100 more a tyre

Looking at my present tyres when I last changed them they are the 235/40R19 93W XL - can I put the above tyres onto my car? I know its the speed rating that different but will there be any other issues that may crop up?

These only have to last me a couple of months and then the nightmare will finally finish and Peugeot will have to offer me something of a miracle to have another one

Any help from anyone would be more that greatly appreciated

thanks again

:beer:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
They should be fine. When I order my new wheels, I will have those nankang tyres on them (only a different size).

They arent the best, but not the worst either :) And as you say, they only need to last a couple more months.

The speed rating will be fine, as it means you can go something like 186mph instead of 160 something lol.

A

Anonymous

hey Abz

cheers for the reply, as I said they only need to last me a couple months to get here and there nothing major, and if they'll do for the time being then I can only see it being a win win at present and an extra £400+ better off :thumbup:

Ha :D yep I like nothing more than cruising at least 180mph down the M1! And I wander why I need tyres! :?

A

Anonymous

I spoke to a local tyre fitter in chester and he said that the Nankang tyres were probably the best budget tyre on the market & more of a mid range tyre.