What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New toy required

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I stumbled across this forum, as I am currently considering an RCZ, I fell in love with the car first time I saw one, been for test drives, even came close to ordering one a few months back.

I am hoping I can get some honest opinions from people around which spec to go for, what extras if any and what engine to go for. I was also hoping people could give me an honest and transparent opinion of ownership, running costs, insurance, loves and hates.

I have had a few hot hatches in my time, most memorable of which being a Renaultsport Megane R26, which I absolutely loved, and the only reason it went is because my wife was expecting our first child and I did not want her driving around in her 206, and she refused to drive my R26. I ended up inheriting the 206, which after 2.5 years despite it's amazing fuel economy is really getting on my nerves, and I desperately need a new toy.

If anyone could offer me some advice that would be fantastic.

Thanks

Simon

A

Anonymous

Hi there Simon. In order to give you the best advice perhaps you could provide us with some further information as to what you require from a car.

You will find that there are a number of devotees of both the diesel engine and also the petrol variants. This really is a personal choice and perhaps depends on your priorities. Obviously, the diesel engine will be more fuel and cost efficient over longer distance. For me this wasn't a primary concern and I've never been a lover of diesel engines. I went for the 156bhp (GT edition) and I have to say that, although a cracking engine, I perhaps still kick myself for not going for the 200bhp. You, judging by your last car, like your engine to have a bit of poke so perhaps the 200bhp would be the one for you. Best advice, get out there and try them and make up your own mind.

In regards to running costs, insurance etc. again, this is dependant on your personal circumstance and the way in which you drive. However, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by both.

I love my RCZ, it has both great looks and great handling. Different owners have experienced different issues with their own and it's worth taking the time to peruse the threads.

Honestly, I haven't for a second regretted buying my RCZ despite a few "teething" problems. I toyed with the scirocco gt but, now I have the RCZ, I am so glad that I bought what I did. It stands out from all other cars on the road and it's a pleasurable place to be.

As for options, again horses for courses. I uprated the alloys and latterly made a few aftermarket tweaks. I am set to get another factory fitting shortly (fingers crossed). I went for 19ins solstice alloys because i feel it really makes the car stand out but I warn you that it does make the ride a little hard on our british roads. Can't really comment on many of the others and it kinda depends in your finances and personal desires. I would say don't waste your money on the JBL audio pack. It really isn't noticeably better than the standard one. The vision pack is one which I may have gone for and perhaps the black grille and wing mirrors but this is entirely aesthetic. Both do add a more mean and sporty look to the car.

Let us know how you get on and I hope that this has been at least moderately helpful. I'm sure other members will be able to provide further insight and support.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5mykao

A

Anonymous

I went for the gt 200 just that bit more responsive and my extras are vision pack(xeon's) black grill and black mirrors black solstice alloys all look great with white paint much better value extras instead of hi fi upgrade or sat nav at £1500 only had it a week and still smiling the 19' alloys can make the ride a bit harsh but they look great and I'm used to it after BMW

A

Anonymous

I went for the GT200 and went nuts with the extras, I bought everything on the list, even had the WiFi!! It's great to drive, returns terrible MPG for the type of driving I do which is mostly local and infrequent. I have only done 4,000 miles in a year so the fuel hit is actually negligible and is ofset by the smile value.

The 200THP is a way more responsive engine and really sings if you keep the revs up. The GT set-up is better as well, with better road holding and a more sporty ride. But it is harder especially with the 19". I personally like it like that, but many on here prefer the grand tourer ride.

The diesel is a nice car and has loads of low end torque, I would probably buy that next time as I am quite a lazy driver!

I had a couple of glitches with the car, the first was dealer related, the valet on delivery was shocking and had to go back twice to get all the delivery wax removed. The dealership were pretty clueless at the start. The other thing that really niggled me was having to pay to insure a courtesy car which I refused to do. I pay £200 a year fully comp and it was £60 everytime I had to make a temporary change!!

The NG4 had to be software upgraded as it oaccissionally reset. You will see mixed views on the NG4 on here. Personally I have found it to be a fantastic bit of kit, its a multimedia navigationb system and does the job nicely for me. You will here complaints about the nav not being able to deliver you to the outhouse in Swansea or timbuktu but I have not had a problem with it. I think it really finishes the car off. I also went for the JBL, again you will hear much debate about it, usually from those not prepared to spend the money saying there is no difference and those who have spent the money saying there is a huge difference. I think it is vastly different with more depth.

Extra stuff life the nappa leather, which I really like as it adds a touch of class to the car is personal taste.

Overall it is a greay car and when I am at home I do tend to use it in preference to the others!!

A

Anonymous

Hi its a good time to buy a rcz great discounts can be had on dealers existing stock they included the special edition rcz asphalt which be had for around the £24k brand new its rrp is £30k its has all extras as standard jbl,xenons,wheel upgrade,upgraded leather seats,sat-nav,200bhp,i think ordering a personal factory chosen rcz will be more expensive :eusa-think: so shop around,but its best to personalise the outside more than the inside in my opinion but this can be done through the dealer with different grills and wheels with a stock model :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Owned for nearly 2 weeks, I must say I am still very excited driving it daily! For the first time I hope to go HIGHWAY driving!

A

Anonymous

If you want aproper drive you must go for the THP200, not enough power in the 156, 18" wheels are fine 19" too hard a ride. Plus you get the uprated suspension and smaller steering wheel. In the end the choice is yours, take a test drive.

A

Anonymous

The 19" are a hard ride on the UK (non M) roads, I got the Sport but in 156 Auto (they did not do the 200 or the Diesel in Auto, silly !! as had 3 Diesel autos and they fine)
It could do with a bit more get up and go and would have thought the 200 may have that. We have 4 in my local area now, but its still a rare car. Smile factor is 100%. I know a Z4 owner who is SO tempted as it looks better !!
But at speed its a proper LARGE grin, and you know they are looking. Get parking sensors, and remember how WIDE the thing is !! Sit in and see how much all round vision you have, open the boot and look at how you can now fit all the suitcases in (its a cave FFS), use the net to hold stuff down (or drive slower... ?....na that aint appenin)

HAVE FUN