What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New Rims for a Peugeot rcz

David Spry

Reaction score
Hello Friends
I have just bought a used RCZ, with only 63,000 k,s on the clock,imaculate condition!!
But the wheels, are A shocker, the previous, owner went short cut thur, to many roundabouts, and shocking parking??
I could have them repaired, and resprayed, or would it be cheaper, to buy new rims??, it spoil a mint car, but when I google, it keeps coming up as the UK, The wheels that I like, is the one, that has black, from the, the centre, and towards the top, it is silver colour, that would save me wiping the rims every 3rd day!! I believe to wheels are Sortage, but can’t find them in Aust!!, I running Michelin 235x40x19 poiits
can some one out there, give me a heads up?? I,m looking at also, maybe be an after market rims, but would like to be close, to the original !!
may be some one has a 4 set of rims for sale??
Many Thanks
David Spry
Mollymook NSW

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
Hello Friends
I have just bought a used RCZ, with only 63,000 k,s on the clock,imaculate condition!!
But the wheels, are A shocker, the previous, owner went short cut thur, to many roundabouts, and shocking parking??
I could have them repaired, and resprayed, or would it be cheaper, to buy new rims??, it spoil a mint car, but when I google, it keeps coming up as the UK, The wheels that I like, is the one, that has black, from the, the centre, and towards the top, it is silver colour, that would save me wiping the rims every 3rd day!! I believe to wheels are Sortage, but can’t find them in Aust!!, I running Michelin 235x40x19 poiits
can some one out there, give me a heads up?? I,m looking at also, maybe be an after market rims, but would like to be close, to the original !!
may be some one has a 4 set of rims for sale??
Many Thanks
David Spry
Mollymook NSW
Hi mate, if you like the wheels, definitely get them resprayed, will be cheaper than buying brand new ones.

If you don't mind me asking, did you get yours off Carsales? And if so, was it the silver one from QLD?

By the way, saw your old profile on the Shannon site, I see you're a fellow Alfa Romeo alumni lol. I still have a 159 2.4JTDm

David Spry

Reaction score
Hello. No bought from Sydney, a few months ago at a good price, I think the need extra then a respay, as there is chips, that need to be fixed.??

many Thanks
David

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
Hello. No bought from Sydney, a few months ago at a good price, I think the need extra then a respay, as there is chips, that need to be fixed.??

many Thanks
David
Yeah even with gutter rash, price is still cheaper getting respray.

However to give you an idea, I've had quotes done on my Alfa Romeo 159 wheels and was quoted by Wheel Buddy at about $1000 for all 4, which included fixing the gutter rash etc.

On Ozzy Tyres for instance, the lowest priced wheels (19x8.5) that fit the RCZ are $290 a wheel, so it's only slightly more for new wheels but also depends on what style you choose, as the prices obviously go up from there.

If you really like the wheels you have then get them repaired and resprayed. But if you go for aftermarket, you'll obviously pay more to get them but might be able to recoup some of that cost by selling the RCZ wheels on as is, but it's anyones guess how long that will take and what someone is willing to pay for them.

Link for the place that quoted me below:

Wheel Repair and Wheel Painting service for Melbourne - Wheel Buddy

David Spry

Reaction score
Friend, Thanks, for your advice, There a weels, for the RCZ made by Shortage, but every photo, is on Euro cars, I will take it to a repair shop, to see what they can do!!, I had and still have a Alfa GT V6, that I bought around 12 years ago, it is under wraps, nice car!!, that these cars are going up in price!!, I travelled to Sydney, from the far south coast, but forgot, to ask about the Rims, soon they seem you a time waster, but any way the gar was perfect, except the rims, they weren't as bad as the RCZ, but still had small chunks missing, the smash repair people, welded out the chunks, I don"t know they done it, hen he re sprayed them, and after 12 years still look great, no scratches, as I don't cut corners, on roundabouts!!, there is only a few where I live, he charged me $200 a weel, which was great!! Thank you wery much, but I think the Sortarge wheels look great, with black in the centre, and silver towards the Tyre, so you don't have to clean the rims of brake dust, every 3 days!!
If there is a different rim that would suit please respond!!
Thank You very much for your insight
David Spry
Mollymook