What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New RCZ Timing chain

A

Anonymous

We are collecting our new 60plate RCZ Tuesday , we were due to collect it last Tuesday but it had an oil leak and they have said as a precaution they are changing the timing belt , can anyone tell me If this is normal ? It's done 28,000 miles.

Reaction score
I'm a newbie like yourself but it seems to be a known issue on a minority of cars. I thought it was a chain not a belt though.

Credit to them for sorting it quickly and being proactive. Is it ok to name the dealer ?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
:greetings-wavingblue: Welcome :text-welcomewave:

You are right, it is a timing chain, and it is a fairly common issue. Well done your dealer, who must have dealt with RCZ's previously, and knew this could come back to bite him, so it was better to be proactive rather than reactive.

Now that's out of the way, you can enjoy your new beautiful Z for what it is, Amzing!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, yeh it's a common problem mine was changed at 20k and has been great ever since allegedly they have up dated the new chain kit.

Enjoy your car! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the positivity was starting to panic !
It's arbury Walsall they have been good about it and sorted out the problem although I just want the car now sick of waiting ! Need to test it out!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I found the best way to test it out was to get on a nice straight road, get it up into 6th gear as quickly as possible, then take it up until the rev limiter kicks in.

That's my method anyway :lol: