What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

NEW RCZ LOVERS.

A

Anonymous

Hi all

Just had the delivery today to the dealer, picking her up next Thursday. I am a biker by heart and have never been turned on by cars in my 44 years.

My wife wanted an RCZ two years ago, impressed by the good looks we ordered one on Feb 26th, a GT HDI White with 19" black wheels. Delivery about May. Then my dealer had one come into the UK last week, GT HDI, Sat Nav, Integral leather. His teasing that it would be available by the end of March was too much.

I have never had the feeling to be able to drive a car with such beauty and looks. It has to be within the top 5 of the best looking cars in the world.

Roll on next week, but an op on my knee will delay my drive of it for a few days. The wife will get the pleasure first ! I might be lucky occasionally to be able to get a spin in it, as she will drive it mostly.

The car it a little dirty at present, awaiting the preparation of the dealers after it being on the transporter.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :thumbup: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Attachments

• CAM00105.jpg
    CAM00105.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 670
  • CAM00104.jpg
    CAM00104.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 670
A

Anonymous

I'd have struggled to resist the temptation too! She's a beauty and I like the white roof. It's got one of the nicest sets of alloys on her too I see!

I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems with your knee and hope that you are fully recovered soon. Still...I'm sure the missus will chauffeur you in it which makesnit even easier to see all the admiring glances the RCZ draws! :thumbup:

One cautionary word, dealer prep can result in scratching/damaging the paintwork so I'd inspect her very carefully before you leave. Actually, to be honest I'd probably ask them to leave it alone if it was me.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Rizz how's your medication? The white roof is just plastic protecting the roof before PDI.

As for the dealer not prepping it. You are leaving yourself open to all sorts of problems that the plastic coatings, delivery wax can hide so once you've agreed to take it like that and you discover defects in the paint, you are very sticky ground trying to prove you didn't inflict them in prepping the car / removing all its pre delivery protection.

A

Anonymous

I did wonder about the roof thinking to myself that I didn't know you could option that. Lol! :lol::lol: That explains why then. It would actually look cool with colour matching roof though, no?

I suppose you're right enough regarding the dealer prep in hindsight. I was thinking the same and was going to edit it and leave it with the remark to inspect it carefully. However, ("fingers") you pulled me up on it too quickly! Lol! :grin:

Today has been a long and testing day it's late, I hurt and I'm beat. That's my excuse and I'm still sticking with it.

A

Anonymous

As I am taking mine to be sealed etc at Finer Detailing straight from pick up, he told me to tell the dealer to do the Engine PDI but nothing else. Even going as far as to say leave all inside protective coverings in place IE dash, doors etc. Are you saying this is not a good idea??

I appreciate what you are saying about if there is damage/problem it will be hard to prove it's them and not me but if they wash/clean it like last time I am sure it will be full of swirls again.

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure if forum rules allow me to say as I am criticising them, when in all honesty I have been very please with the over all service just a couple of minor niggles with them.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Grantp said:
As I am taking mine to be sealed etc at Finer Detailing straight from pick up, he told me to tell the dealer to do the Engine PDI but nothing else. Even going as far as to say leave all inside protective coverings in place IE dash, doors etc. Are you saying this is not a good idea??

I appreciate what you are saying about if there is damage/problem it will be hard to prove it's them and not me but if they wash/clean it like last time I am sure it will be full of swirls again.

I really don't know what the right answer to your question is Grant. There are many, many people who do exactly as Finer Details are doing with your car, even keen amateur detailers have asked dealers not to touch the car but I would be worried about what would happen if you were to find something wrong. Not saying you will. The positive thing is that any scratches / swirls, Finer Details would be able to correct with ease so in your case, you probably have nothing to worry about but it might just be worth asking him this very question. I didn't mean to scare you. Maybe it's just me and I'm over reacting .... :)

A

Anonymous

Hi RCZ1, When it comes time to get the car I will speak to both sides and see what they say. As you say if there is anything sure detailer would be able to rectify it and if it is that major he can't it would hopefully be noticeable anyway when picking it up. I'll make my mind up when the time comes.