What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New owner of a fixer upper with electrical woes!

Scotlad

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I've recently picked up my RCZ Hdi and am now on the road to fixing it. There are lots of fault codes on the engine ECU that wont clear, which i suspect stem from 1 main fault- one of the relays in the fusebox buzzes continuously, causing the battery to drain unless it is disconnected. Removing fuse 1 for the engine ecu stops the buzzing ,as does removing either of the brown ecu plugs. The car is stuck in limp mode and 'water in fuel' keeps popping up, as well as 'engine fault'. These issues aside, the car is great to look at and to drive.

Getting decent diagrams is proving to be a challenge- the ones on servicebox aren't great. I've had the battery out and cleaned up the gearbox earth but that hasn't helped. It seems to me that there may be one component thats buggered, causing all the engine ecu codes, or perhaps a dodgy earth somewhere else.

I've just had it away for a drive in the sun (even the aircon works!) and reset the codes- the ones remaining for engine ecu are P022A, P2295,P1471, P2426, P0245, P1404, P1403, and P0131. Water in fuel binging away- fuel filter changed and filter bowl cleaned, and engine fault causing limp mode still.

I'll be plugging away at it for the next wee while- I may try an ecu/bsi/key kit and new fuse box if i cant see any way forward. Oh yeah i disconnected all the multiplugs on top of the engine that i could find , but rally still buzzing.

Any help/suggestions/magic spells gratefully received, and i'll update on any progress made.

Cheers!

Graham

Pedro

Reaction score
P022A-Turbo intercooler bypass actuator A low circuit - P2295fuel pressure regulator 2control circuit low-P1471 Electrodrive fan1 op failure drivers side- P2426 Exhaust Gas recirculation valve circuit low -P0245 Turbo wastegate regulating valve circuit low -P1401 DPFE circuit high input-P1403DPFE sensor hoses reversed -P0131 02 sensor circuit low voltage Bank 1 sensor 1
You may have hardwire Electrical / software issues do you know if it has the car been remapped?

Scotlad

Reaction score
Hi Pedro, thanks for your reply. I dont think it has been remapped though cant say for sure.....

Pedro

Reaction score
You got a lot of codes showing up so you may need to dig in to find track n trace the issues if as you say the car is running OK it may be some of them codes are from a backlog in the ECU memory log the Last time I scanned a car with that many codes it had a laptop remap done by the owner & the software was corrupted ?

Scotlad

Reaction score
You got a lot of codes showing up so you may need to dig in to find track n trace the issues if as you say the car is running OK it may be some of them codes are from a backlog in the ECU memory log the Last time I scanned a car with that many codes it had a laptop remap done by the owner & the software was corrupted ?
I'll keep picking away at it. I don't need it as a daily driver 'til November (lease car going back) so plenty time to get to the bottom of it. 👍 It is bugging me a bit but I will get to the bottom of it. I'm still thinking Bsi/ECU etc replacement might be an idea- Even if it doesn't fix it I'll have a spare set then for if it does go wonky. It's only 150£ on eBay so worth it if it fixes it. If not, looking at replacing the front loom too.

Logikmaster

Reaction score
I'll keep picking away at it. I don't need it as a daily driver 'til November (lease car going back) so plenty time to get to the bottom of it. 👍 It is bugging me a bit but I will get to the bottom of it. I'm still thinking Bsi/ECU etc replacement might be an idea- Even if it doesn't fix it I'll have a spare set then for if it does go wonky. It's only 150£ on eBay so worth it if it fixes it. If not, looking at replacing the front loom too.
You don’t say how many miles or what year this is but looking at the related codes makes me wonder if someone has tried to do an EGR delete 🤔

Scotlad

Reaction score
Sooo after a bit mucking about, i bought a 2nd hand engine fusebox from ebay and....... Tadahhhh, codes all gone, buzzing relay gone, parasitic battery drain gone and a big smile on my face! I reckon the fusebox must have had a good drowning to cause all those faults and codes. The car's done 150,000 miles (!) so i'll forgive it a few 'moments' :D:D:D:D:D

Logikmaster

Reaction score
Sooo after a bit mucking about, i bought a 2nd hand engine fusebox from ebay and....... Tadahhhh, codes all gone, buzzing relay gone, parasitic battery drain gone and a big smile on my face! I reckon the fusebox must have had a good drowning to cause all those faults and codes. The car's done 150,000 miles (!) so i'll forgive it a few 'moments' :D:D:D:D:D
Now that as they say is a ‘result’! Nicely done pal. Happy motoring 👍