What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New Owner - Australia

A

Anonymous

Hi all

New RCZ in Australia, picked up the car last week, and loving it. Only a few models to choose from down under but what an awesome car. I think there are only 400 in the country - am one of the lucky ones yay!
Black 1.6 T petrol, love it.
And does get a fair bit of head turning too!

A

Anonymous

Welcome! Congrats on buying what - even here - is a very exclusive car! :beer:

hope you enjoy it :thumbup:

Where bouts in OZ are you based?

A

Anonymous

Good choice stephxv and welcome

Have you posted those snap shots of the car yet?

A

Anonymous

Congratulations Stephxv.

There's a small number of Aussies on here now. Let us know where you are. Im in Sydney. My RCZ has been on order since January and is due for delivery early April. In fact I was watching the ship pass through the Panama Canal last night on live web cams :D

Post some photos when you can.

RCZooM

A

Anonymous

RCZooM said:
fact I was watching the ship pass through the Panama Canal last night on live web cams

Oh my god how far we all go to get a glimpse of our RCZ's. :crazy:

we all did something like this, like trying to find the route the car transporter takes from the port, not that I went searching of course!!!

A

Anonymous

RCZooM said:
Congratulations Stephxv.

There's a small number of Aussies on here now. Let us know where you are. Im in Sydney. My RCZ has been on order since January and is due for delivery early April. In fact I was watching the ship pass through the Panama Canal last night on live web cams :D

Post some photos when you can.

RCZooM
Thanks RCZoom! I was quite lucky in getting mine just after Christmas - best Chrissie present ever :) Got her from Trivett Alexandria.
I am based in the Hills area (Rouse Hill) and work Ryde so spend a fair bit on the road. Yet to see another one on the road!

what did you order? Petrol 1.6T?

Pics on their way - got to say, had a few Peugeot before but the RCZ is such an awesome car. Can't fault it really. Love it!

Steph

A

Anonymous

Hi Steph

Well you're not that far from me. I work in Gladesville and travel through the Ryde area regularly so I'll keep an eye out for you. If you see a Calais V flashing its lights, that will be me (at least until mid-April when I'll be in a Mercury Grey RCZ :dance: )

Ive only seen one RCZ on the road here - a black one about a month ago heading up Mona Vale Rd towards St Ives. Ive also heard theres a Pearl White one that travels along Victoria Rd between Ryde and Parramatta but Ive never seen it. I drive Victoria Rd daily (from the Parramatta end) to get to work.

Ive ordered the 200THP petrol model. I tried the 156 Auto but the price for the 200 manual was the same and since I'm coming from a 3.6 litre Calais V, I didn't want to loose too much performance. The specs are in my signature (below)

When I get mine we'll have to catch up. I'm often out your way heading for Windsor/Richmond. Perhaps a Sunday afternoon in Windsor. I'm sure we'll gather a crowd :D

Cheers

RCZoom

A

Anonymous

Sure are close....!!
I'll keep an eye out for you no problem, no flashing thus far but a fair bit of looks and head turning :mrgreen: I don't mind at all... My wife took it the other weekend and poped to the shops and apparently a few young lads commented how sexy she looked (mmmmm wife or car - I ponder :eusa-whistle: ) which was apparently put to an end when she told them it was mine. Went from sexy to sporty hehe

Had the same logic as you, why go for a diesel when you can get a petrol - more power and performance. I move from a V8 Jeep to the bee . . .

I haven't seen any as yet on the road which i quite like actually but I did noticed a few TT owners looking at mine quite enviously...

Day out sounds good to me!

Well not long for you to wait now . . . Nice choice of colours too by the way!
Steph
PS: FYI I ama checking with Trivett if they can source part of the Feline pack as I am dead keen to get quad exhausts on mine . . .! No one seems to know if they are available in Oz. Also asked Peugeot head office - hope it is available as this would finish a sensational car :cool:

A

Anonymous

Please post back on the Feline pack, Steph. Would be interested if we'll see it and what the damage might be (if we do see it I hope they allow I to be split up).

Re envious looks - was getting into Nigella yesterday when I saw a guy drive by and do a double-take. I couldn't hear him, but I didn't have to hear to know his EXACT words were, "What the **** is that?!".

A

Anonymous

Steph.

Ive tried to send you a PM but it wont send. Did you have an email address in your forum registration?

Cheers

RCZooM

A

Anonymous

RCZoom

Think must have been a pending reg into the forum as I got them - thanks!

Seph

A

Anonymous

OK good. Sorry if I sent a couple the same. They stuck in my outbox