What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I'm new to the forum; I test drove a 156 GT today and was quite impressed. My current car is a 407 coupe (2.2l petrol); I had a 406 coupe before this. Both fantastic cars, no reliability issues, stunning looks (especially the 406) and good to drive.

So... Do I buy an RCZ?

I have a couple of questions; do 18" wheels significantly improve the ride quality, given the disgraceful road surfaces we put up with? Also, has anyone ordered the tow bar and bike carrier - if so, is it any good?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Test driven both 18s and 19s and don't think there is much between them really.

A

Anonymous

Hi Roscoe.

Welcome to the forum.

I chose 18" partially because I suspected the ride would be slightly smoother (at the mild expensive of handling) and partially because I preferred their styling when compared to the 19" versions. Im still waiting for my RCZ to be delivered so I cant really comment on how they are, but all the RCZs I test drove only had 19" wheels and on normal sealed local roads they were fine.

The RCZ suspension is going to be a bit firmer than your current Peugeot models and my experience on other cars Ive owned with Low Profile wheels is that they can be a bit firm on rough roads. My current car has 18" wheels with low profile tyres and the ride is good, but if you inadvertently hit a pothole its still quite jarring.

I'm not likely to push the RCZ to the edge so I don't expect I'll notice much difference in the handling with the 18" wheels. I also suspect the tyres will be cheaper when replacement time comes along.

Cheers
RCZooM

A

Anonymous

Hi roscoe, welcome to the forum. I run the 20HDi 163 GT with 19inch rims and have found the ride to be spot on. Smooth with the right amount of stiffness for normal driving. For a bit more spirited driving it could have done with a bit more. As an all-rounder it’s ok. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies! I'm still considering the options - I'll let you know what I get.

A

Anonymous

mines a gt hdi with standard 18" wheels and quite pleased with the handleing and supension

A

Anonymous

roscoe said:
Hi,

I'm new to the forum; I test drove a 156 GT today and was quite impressed. My current car is a 407 coupe (2.2l petrol); I had a 406 coupe before this. Both fantastic cars, no reliability issues, stunning looks (especially the 406) and good to drive.

So... Do I buy an RCZ?

I have a couple of questions; do 18" wheels significantly improve the ride quality, given the disgraceful road surfaces we put up with? Also, has anyone ordered the tow bar and bike carrier - if so, is it any good?

Cheers

Dont know what yout 407 Coupe is riding on at the moment, my folks have a 407 Coupe HDi and it rides on 18's. The ride is slightly softer than my RCZ on 19's