What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

new ipod touch 2010

A

Anonymous

can any one help me i just got a new ipod touch loaded it with music full so i can play in the car via the usb port . but the car does not see it , its see the usb stick ok but not the touch does any one know why .

A

Anonymous

I tried my regular ipod through the USB interface, and that seemed to work OK.

Have also tried my iphone through bluetooth streaming, but not through the USB interface.

When you press the 'source' button, does the car pick up the USB source (i.e. recognise that something is plugged into it)?

A

Anonymous

i have press the source button but nothing , it charged my ipod but can not see it on the screen. i take that out put a usb stick in and the car played the music but not the ipod. which ipod do you have

A

Anonymous

Hi
I have a 3rd Gen pod on the latest software and it sees that fine, but just artist by name alphabetically.
You do have a playlist don't you?

A

Anonymous

No ideas except perhaps remove restrictions on the itouch and passwords just to make sure there is something odd with the 4th gen.

A

Anonymous

Please refer to previous issues regarding the USB Port and IPOD>
Basically the USB port is only and will only play MP3 files not other WAV or ipod files.
Ipods playing through the USB need to have MP3 files not audio/WAV files.
Do a search for Ipod and USB port on this site and look at previous correspondance.Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

Oh that explains it my files are MP3 on the p.c. and converted to the I touch.

A

Anonymous

i convert all music to mp3 and put it on the ipod and try it in the car but nothing , so i will try to load all the cd's again in to itunes and used the mp3 bit on that to see if that help out , has any one got diff ideas that could help me save time

A

Anonymous

brittenterry said:
i convert all music to mp3 and put it on the ipod and try it in the car but nothing , so i will try to load all the cd's again in to itunes and used the mp3 bit on that to see if that help out , has any one got diff ideas that could help me save time

To save time perhaps you could try just one cd. Rip it using windows into an MP3 , then add that folder to iTunes in iTunes and add it to your playlist. If that works have fun doing all of them. That's how my music and iTunes is configured on the pc.

A

Anonymous

do not get the new ipod touch IT will not work because of the software it will not play in peugeot rcz . i got that from the dealer today

A

Anonymous

Do you know what version of the iPod touch OS it's running? :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I have to say my 3rd gen. is running the latest software and I have no problems, see if you can borrow someone else's to try?

A

Anonymous

I've had loads of ipods and I always end up having to buy new speaker docks; it seems apple put a new chip in each new gen that stops it working. Don't know why they do it, but it's annoying. My ipod touch 8Gb (3rd gen badge but really 2nd) worked fine. I've now sold it and got a nano 3rd gen and that works.

But tbh, I just put all my music on a usb stick as mp3. It stays in the car.

Rmember that itunes imports cds as aac by default. You have to go into settings to import them as mp3. The ipods play mp3 AND aac (Apple's lossy version).