What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New headlamp bulb needed - advice?

Trucker

Reaction score
Just over three and a half years old and my nearside dipped beam headlamp bulb has gone (halogen) (RCZ GT THP petrol). I just need a normal replacement. Any advice on what brand/type is best and how easy it is to fit? And are you supposed to replace both sides at once?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
If you get a different one, you would have to change the pair due to differences in colour between manufacturers.

I would go to Peugeot or speak with RCZ performance for a price :)

A

Anonymous

For a normal replacement just about any road legal H7 bulb will do. I'd advise replacing them in pairs, if one has gone the other may be close behind. And normal bulbs are fairly cheap but you could upgrade to brighter bulbs. RCZ Performance here sells them (check out his website) as do various online retailers and Halfords of course who often have 2 for 1 deals.

If you go for upgraded bulbs make sure they are road legal (E marked) as there are a lot of off-road and show bulbs available.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Totally agree with what has been said above, you should definitely replace both bulbs and, personally, i'd consider upgrading the bulbs. I'd recommend that you ugrade them with either a pair of Osram Nightbreakers or Philips X-treme Visions. Both provide considerably greater light coverage, a whiter light and are E marked.

A

Anonymous

Forgot to say, they're moderately easy to fit if you have small to medium hands but more awkward for larger hands or if you have any restriction in your finger or wrist movements.

Also it's very important to avoid touching the glass bulb with bare fingers, the oils will react with the bulb when they're hot (i.e. On) and shorten the bulb life. So be sure to hold them by the metal bit only.

A

Anonymous

Can you come and do mine then Steve as I find them a frustrating 'ficker' and I have fingers like a pianist (PIANIST!!) and no restriction in my movements?! Never have a problem getting them out (THE BULBS!!) but always have a job getting them back in again.

t110jim

Reaction score
Best thing to do when putting them back in is to use a mirror to check they are seated properly

hubcaps

Reaction score
Just don't drop the buggers inside the headlight unit like I did (offside one). Fortunately I could see the tip of the bulb enough to get a grabby thing on the end of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Can you come and do mine then Steve as I find them a frustrating 'ficker' and I have fingers like a pianist (PIANIST!!) and no restriction in my movements?! Never have a problem getting them out (THE BULBS!!) but always have a job getting them back in again.
Lol! One man's 'moderately easy' is another man's 'right royal pain in the butt' ;)