What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

new drive shaft needed at 32k

A

Anonymous

2010 1.6 auto 32k - nearside drivehaft clicking in the classic way of cv joint at end of life - local parts supplier can't get 1 so it seems main dealer and whilst accpeting the car is getting on for 7 years old 32k on a drve shaft is worrying. the last time i replaced a drive shaft the car had 182k aand prior to that the car had 96k -- at least its just the one, for the moment :(

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It does of course depend almost entirely on how the car has been driven. "Normal" cars that are driven around doing school runs & shopping trips will not have the same strain imposed on such parts, and may well go on forever, but if you push the car, especially on a regular basis, parts will fail.
Look at F1 cars. They are the probably the best made cars available. Every part is made to perfection, and yet, they fail on a very regular basis, because of how the cars are driven.

I think if we drive our cars as they are intended to be driven, we should accept that part wear is likely to be accelerated compared to the daily commute vehicle.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Having said all that, I think I would be more than a little miffed if my drive shaft went at 32k.

In fact, following the theme of how long things last depending on how they are used, I think my engine has probably got @ 5 or 6 more miles left in it :shock:

Let's face it, someone went to a lot of trouble designing & fitting the rev limiter, it would be just rude to not use it on a regular basis. :eusa-whistle:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
The only thing I'm accelerating is points !!!

Seriously scary car, every time I get in, it just drives faster and faster, I seem to have no control - honest it's not me it's the car.
The officer didn't believe me either, but he did give me three points for effort. doh !

A

Anonymous

ALTHOUGH BOOKED IN AT MANIN DEALER A WEEK AGO AND DUE TO GO IN TODAY GOT A CALL TO SAY THEY CAN'T THE PART IN TIME AND REBOOKED FOR MONDAY - METHINKS SOMEONE FORGOT TO ORDER IT :( FIRST TIME OF USING THIS DEALER 7 MILES FROM HOME SO DEPENDNG ON HOW THEY PERFORM MAY WELL BE USING 1 IN CASTLEFORD FOR FULL SERVICE