What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

nat nav removal

A

Anonymous

anyone know how simple it is to remove the pop up sat nav screen ?

TAC

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Someone has repaired theirs with pictures have a search!

Wrong side of the bed :?: but your right most of the questions have been asked many times before :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I did a quick search, but couldn't find the thread Chris was referring to. I know it's there, but not sure what it was called. If it is important to you, spend some time searching the forum, there is definitely a thread with detailed pictures relating to this matter (might have been fitting one, rather than removing one, but still shows what you need)

A

Anonymous

I posted one entitled 'flip up sat nav'
The surround is just clipped in but the tags break easily so be careful. Once that's off you'll see some torch screws, 4 I think. Take these out and the screen will lift out with the cable attached. You have to take the radio out to get to the other end. If it's flickering and you need some cable just ask. I've got loads!!

A

Anonymous

Hi, I've just repaired a flickering sat nav screen using Cat5 cable as previously described in another post. All seems well but I did find something I thought might be worth sharing with this forum. When replacing the unit back in the dashboard and before I screwed it down, I operated the switch to make the screen flip up and down. When doing this I noticed that the whole unit was rising and falling with the screen motion indicating that there was something restricting the free movement of the cable arrangement. I removed the unit and noticed a shiny mark on the plastic base just where the cable moves back and forth. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that when the screen is operating up and down the cable was actually being kinked to near 90 degrees because of the contact with the plastic base material. No wonder it broke! To alleviate this stress I removed the lower clamp all together. (the one in the picture with the 2 metallic screws in it) I retried the operation, again just by placing it into the base, and this time there was no rising and falling.

The journey to this point has taken 6 months with Peugeot being less than useless. Usual things, rubbish communication, wrong diagnosis, disputes over warranty work, not selling the replacement cable unless you buy the whole sat nav even though it's obviously a design fault! The list goes on.

Thanks everyone on the forum on this topic, it's been a great help and the repair cost nothing!
Apart from this issue a great car.
GT diesel, in white.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Colin. That might well come in useful for someone with the same problems in the future. :thumbup:

EddyRCZ

Reaction score
H
I posted one entitled 'flip up sat nav'
The surround is just clipped in but the tags break easily so be careful. Once that's off you'll see some torch screws, 4 I think. Take these out and the screen will lift out with the cable attached. You have to take the radio out to get to the other end. If it's flickering and you need some cable just ask. I've got loads!!

Hi mate,
How could I buy one of those cables from you please?
thanks my email is [email protected]