What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Mystery rear lights

nicpy

Reaction score
I have a problem! the rear sidelights are going out with a press on the brake pedal, press the brake pedal again and the rear lights come on again, sometimes the rear number lights go out too all other lights front and rear are fully functional. I`m leaning towards a bad earth on the rear lights at the moment unless anyone has any other thoughts?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
That would be my first thought, but, I do know the Z has suffered from water ingress in the boot lock, which can cause all kinds of mysterious electrical glitches, so that can't be ruled out either

nicpy

Reaction score
I checked the earth both sides and they were ok. I had put LED 21/5w in the stop tail lights, one of which was faulty causing the strange lights on then off situation on a press of the brake pedal. However I have put the original bulbs back in, done a BSI reset and normal service seems to have been resumed again. In the meantime I have ordered some quality (Cree) LED`s and see how I get on with them. :thumbup: