What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My first one..... !

RCZ1

Reaction score
:thumbdown:

Washed Pearl today and what did I find - a stone chip on top of the bonnet. Its quite big and really obvious (well to me anyway :!: )

I'll have to get a touch up pen from the dealer. I know there is a paint code on the sticker on the inside of the passenger door shut, but there are multiple numbers, does anyone know which one relates to the paint code?

Thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

Hello RCZ1,

I don't know how this works in England, but in Germany you don't need the code.

The way how it works in Germany:
Call your dealer and tell him you need a touch-up pen. He will ask you for your number plante and after that he will order one for you.

I ordered one too for my gris shark (that's the description from Peugeot) because of a 10 cm long scratch on the right side of my bumper :(.

I found some websites on google, all of them shows a 4-digit number.

Because my RCZ is at the moment in a Peugeot center to get a new transmission (yeah some things broke in it ... that's very bad for a 3 month old car) I can't take a look on it.

Also I say sorry for my bad english :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
:thumbdown:

Washed Pearl today and what did I find - a stone chip on top of the bonnet. Its quite big and really obvious (well to me anyway :!: )

I'll have to get a touch up pen from the dealer. I know there is a paint code on the sticker on the inside of the passenger door shut, but there are multiple numbers, does anyone know which one relates to the paint code?

Thanks in advance

I washed my RCZ today and found a stone chip on the bonnet too :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Thanks hebi

I'll pop into my dealers this week and take it from there. You english is very good, much better than my German would ever be :thumbup:

Mibblue, sorry to hear you also have a stone chip. Looks like a touch up pen will be required by you too :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Yep - it's right on the lip of the bonnet too - not deep tho. I'll have to pop into my dealership and get one too.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear about your stone chips.

I spend a bit of time out in the country side on weekends away and I'm also worried about stone chips - especially on a Pearl White car. I have stone chips on my current car - always from other cars throwing them up and it always annoys me.

I've contacted one of the local 'Car Bra" manufacturers here in Sydney and they've quoted me around AUS $550 for a custom made bra for the RCZ (I guess I'm the first to ask for one). I'm seriously considering it for Country drives.

We also get locust plagues here in Australia in the summer and if you drive into a swarm they can fill your front grill, radiator and your engine bay with locust bodies which are unpleasant to remove. Most country folk cover their grill with plastic netting (like a shade cloth) so the bra would help to hold that in place too.

If I get one I'll post photographs.

RCZooM

FGRob

Reaction score
I've got several chips over the front end and drivers side of the car, really expected it with all the salt that's been put down, all you can do is touch up, flat back and finally re-wax.

RCZoom - I run a bra on my MR2, best bit of kit I've owned to date, I've got 4 chips on the front (in 6 years of ownership) and those were picked up when I collected the car, from new, from South Wales (salt again). The only downside here in the UK is the weather, the rain tends to limit its use, but then again I tend not to take the car out when it's wet.

I brought my bra from the US so it has the openings for the Bumper / fender lights which are not fitted here in the UK -similar price though.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Hi Rob.

Nice to know the cost is OK. Ive never bought a bra before (of any kind :lol: ) so I wasn't sure if this was expensive for a custom bra. The front of my current car is a mess of chips and marks so the bra is a definite for me.

RCZooM

A

Anonymous

When I checked before Christmas, there still wasn't one for the standard Opal White. Very poor considering how long the car has been out.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Thanks hebi

I'll pop into my dealers this week and take it from there. You english is very good, much better than my German would ever be :thumbup:

Mibblue, sorry to hear you also have a stone chip. Looks like a touch up pen will be required by you too :thumbdown:

RCZ1 - Did you get a touch up pen from your dealer? I need to get one of these... :?:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Mibblue, no I haven't got one yet. I was going to buy a chip repair kit from Paints 4 U but they don't appear to have pearl White. I will be going in to the dealers this week so I will pick one up. I would have thought they will be available as pearl White has been available on the 308cc for a while :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Update on this. I emailed Paints 4 U to ask if they had Peugeot Pearl White in their chip repair kits. Got a very nice email back from them explaining that I will need a groundcoat as Pearl White is whats known as 3 stage pearl.
ie a groundcoat followed by a pearl coat followed by clear lacquer.  The ground coat is £4.99 on top of the basic kit, which is still very good value for money I think. Will be placing an order this week so look forward to trying it out.