What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Mot

Pedro

Reaction score
Always good to drive off after the test with no advises 😁 I had the last 3 done with no advises & the guy who does it reckons the Zs were pretty well constructed considering some of the new generations of Plastic & tin he's seen in the last 5 years going on the ramp

2retro

Reaction score
Mines not due until end of January next year. 18 months on one MOT thanks to the Government extension! 🏆🏆🏆

Marmite

Reaction score
Who said it had no advisories a pass is a pass 😬 they said it needed new front pads an there fine I had them out in April there half worn an iv done all off a 1,000 miles since then an the front discs are pitted but they look fine to me but hey ho they are mot testers after all an I do about 2000 miles a year now 🤔

Pedro

Reaction score
Who said it had no advisories a pass is a pass 😬 they said it needed new front pads an there fine I had them out in April there half worn an iv done all off a 1,000 miles since then an the front discs are pitted but they look fine to me but hey ho they are mot testers after all an I do about 2000 miles a year now 🤔
I would hazard a guess due to the change in the mot regulations half the older cars on the road have something on the sheet after going through the motions & the garages have probably seen their incomes take a dive since the the Kung Flu took effect

Ricardo_Z

Reaction score
My 7 year old RCZ passed it's MOT on Friday with no advises 👍 Also had a major service at the same time with my local Peugeot garage to continue the full dealer service history (currently 32k miles on the clock). Not sure if it's worth paying the premium for that, but come the day I decide to sell it will hopefully pay dividends!

Marmite

Reaction score
My 7 year old RCZ passed it's MOT on Friday with no advises 👍 Also had a major service at the same time with my local Peugeot garage to continue the full dealer service history (currently 32k miles on the clock). Not sure if it's worth paying the premium for that, but come the day I decide to sell it will hopefully pay dividends!
I’m sure it will I’m gonna hang on to mine till that day I will change the discs when they need it even at that cost

DKZ5745

Reaction score
My 7 year old has just passed its mot - no advisories. Also dealer service a few weeks earlier to maintain its full dealer service history. Last one on service plan though, so next year it’s going to cost me.

Bucksboy

Reaction score
Got my RCZ serviced by a main dealer in October at which they said my front pads were 25% worn. My car went into the same dealer a week ago for its MOT after doing about 600 miles since the service, and I had an advisory to say that my front pads are getting low!

Marmite

Reaction score
Got my RCZ serviced by a main dealer in October at which they said my front pads were 25% worn. My car went into the same dealer a week ago for its MOT after doing about 600 miles since the service, and I had an advisory to say that my front pads are getting low!
I got exactly the same an I only do 200 mile a month

Woodso

Reaction score
Just got a quote from my local garage to change Discs and Pads with Brembo, they quoted £206.98 inc VAT for the parts. Euro Car Parts have an offer on at the moment and they quoted Brembo Discs and Pads £142.70 incl VAT. Cheaper to buy them myself and pay my local garage the £65.00 they want for fitting .

Pedro

Reaction score
Stop driving on the Brakes less wear & tear!;)

Oscar

Reaction score
Just got a quote from my local garage to change Discs and Pads with Brembo, they quoted £206.98 inc VAT for the parts. Euro Car Parts have an offer on at the moment and they quoted Brembo Discs and Pads £142.70 incl VAT. Cheaper to buy them myself and pay my local garage the £65.00 they want for fitting .
£206.98 is very reasonable tbh. Those same parts for my Skoda Octavia vrs mk2 including the rear, cost me over £650!