What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

MOT and tyre repair kit out of date

ianGT156

Reaction score
Hot on the heels of my previous MOT/Lighting function question is this nightmare one.

My big yellow tyre inflater/puncture repair kit has on it ...

EXP: 05/2018

Will this be a fail? My car was registered in April 2013. This suggests to me that these devices are only good for five years. I hate to think what a new Peugeot original one might cost me. To make matters worse, I can't test mine because my 12V lighter socket is knackered due to constant fiddling with it to keep a satnav or dashcam working.

Help!!

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine hasn't even got the goo in it and it passed its MOT a couple of weeks ago.

In fact I don't think the guy even opened the boot.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

2retro

Reaction score
RCZIain said:
Mine hasn't even got the goo in it and it passed its MOT a couple of weeks ago.

In fact I don't think the guy even opened the boot.

Same here. They would have to be pretty desperate for that to be a failure!

Guppy

Reaction score
ianGT156 said:
Hot on the heels of my previous MOT/Lighting function question is this nightmare one.

My big yellow tyre inflater/puncture repair kit has on it ...

EXP: 05/2018

Will this be a fail? My car was registered in April 2013. This suggests to me that these devices are only good for five years. I hate to think what a new Peugeot original one might cost me. To make matters worse, I can't test mine because my 12V lighter socket is knackered due to constant fiddling with it to keep a satnav or dashcam working.

Help!!

If you decide to replace It? Then It dosent have to be by Peugeot... it can be of any make

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I think you can buy a can of slime type stuff from almost anywhere, I think I’ve even seen it Asda. But as has been pointed out, I don’t think it is likely to fail because of this.

ianGT156

Reaction score
Once again, many thanks to you all for your help and advice.

I'm quite chilled now and it's over to Richard Hardie in Durham to do a major 40K service and MOT on Friday.

They've told me that it'll be a gnats cock under £300. No other work permitting of course.

:beer: to all.

2retro

Reaction score
ianGT156 said:
They've told me that it'll be a gnats cock under £300.
What a quaint expression. lol :lol:

ianGT156

Reaction score
Actually "Tad" was the word I was going to use but "gnats cock" is much more fun. As it happens, it was three gnats cocks under £300, £294 to be precise. Maybe a "bluebottles cock" would have been more accurate.

The MOT was fine. I got a nice 308 courtesy car for free.

I did about 80 miles in the 308. The big screen dash was frankly bloody awful. Just changing the aircon settings, on/off, fan speed and temperature needed so many touches that it was really quite dangerous. The radio, equally so. As far as I could tell, the satnav doesn't even take postcodes.

However, the ride was excellent and the petrol engine was quite good at mid range acceleration. However, 5th and 6th gears were more or less unusable below 50mph. The gearbox was very good, nice smooth changes.

They do a "free vehicle check". I've not had one of these before. It was texted and emailed to me. Here it is ...

https://www.myvehiclelive.com/OnlineEVH ... 0C7748C8C0

Note the attempted sell for brake pads/discs!

TTFN ;O)

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
ianGT156 said:
Actually "Tad" was the word I was going to use but "gnats cock" is much more fun. As it happens, it was three gnats cocks under £300, £294 to be precise. Maybe a "bluebottles cock" would have been more accurate.
Like my contemporary, big ears, grovelling barsteward, Charlie the PoW, I am an unashamed fan of the Goons. :oops:
I guess my parents (father anyway), was also a fan as the radio would be tuned and ready for the Goon Show, and in synch with the live audience (no canned rubbish in those days) we would all fall about at the most ridiculous punch lines and catch phrases. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This was the fifties, by the way! :roll:
Your mention of Bluebottle caused this nostalgic outburst; sorry. :sleeping-yellow:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a new one on the way.
Before anyone asks, at no point did I ever check the tyre pressures with the compressor on the "inject schmoo" setting...