What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

modifying an auto

eno56

Reaction score
Hi All, i had a bit of a look at different topics and i could not see anything particularly relating to modifying the automatic version.
I have put a race chip on it and an air filter but im not sure what can be done to the auto or what the auto box will take if i do.
i was also interested if anyone has tried an idrive or other type throttle box

regards
eno

Dogtag

Reaction score
Hi Eno I am about to release a paddle shift kit for the RCZ Automatic using genuine parts, if your interested let me know as I'm currently building several kits now to go on sale very soon.

eno56

Reaction score
Hi Eno I am about to release a paddle shift kit for the RCZ Automatic using genuine parts, if your interested let me know as I'm currently building several kits now to go on sale very soon.
Hi , sorry for the late answer, how did the paddle kits go. do you have any pics of them fitted.

eno56

Reaction score
Hi Eno! Fellow Brisbanite here - Brisbane Australia?

I'm in the same boat. THP156 Auto, keen on some upgrades. Do you have a go-to mechanic that you trust with your RCZ?

Have found things like these: MAMBA GTX Upgrade Turbo For PEUGEOT 207 308 RCZ 1.6T EP6 K04 PRO 300HP w/D5S hsg | eBay

But will they fit and work on our THP156. No clue yet..
Hi , i haven't looked at upgrading the turbo yet. i was trying to find out why they under powered the auto so much and how much more it could take.
i have been looking at fitting a throttle controller to see if it made it a bit more responsive in stock.
I take it to peugotech at northgate who are great to deal with but i have not spoken to them about any mods.

I was hoping to find a flash tune for it, i put a flash through a saab i had a few years ago and it made quite a difference to the drivability.
but again i havnt found one for the rcz yet

anghel132

Reaction score
HI Eno,

I took mine to peugeotech, but I feel like they quoted me EVERYTHING even slightly minor that they could pull out for me. Charged me 4500 for a turbocharger replacement, and 3k+ for a valve stem seal replace? Also seems a bit wierd they showed me a video of my exhaust really smokey after idling for ten minutes. but I do that all the time and never came across that.

I came across some guys on the gold coast who can do an unlocked reflash for our ECU but it's 1.3k?

I'm looking at replacement forged pistons as well - Peugeot 1.6 THP Forged Wossner Pistons & P.E.C Performance Rods EP6DT EP6CDT | eBay. Only thing I need now is something to upgrade the auto transmission to be handle a bit more power from the turbocharger. Then this thing stronger than a stock R.

Bobby D

Reaction score
Hi Please can you send me details of this kit.

Thanks

Bob

RCZ Downunder

Reaction score
Hi All, i had a bit of a look at different topics and i could not see anything particularly relating to modifying the automatic version.
I have put a race chip on it and an air filter but im not sure what can be done to the auto or what the auto box will take if i do.

regards
eno
Hi Mate. im interested to know if you made any progres on tuning the auto on the Rcz? I intend to follow the same path with my RCZ Auto
Cheers J J from Melbourne

RCZ Downunder

Reaction score

regards
eno
Hi Mate , I have fitted an IDrive controler to my Rcz and along with OBD plug in chip from the states, Its transformrd the performance. I did have a few fault code issues when i fitted these mods and Dose tend to show up some short coming's in the auto trans but well worth doing id say

Osella

Reaction score
has anyone fitted these in the UK? Did your insurance go up?

RaymondFraser

Reaction score
Are you also looking at rev matching/blipping the down shift.s Thanks