What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Mixed seats...

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
Well well, looks like the dealer may have been getting creative as I've just noticed the seat emblems are in different spots. So after doing some digging, I've found that my car has one original seat, and the other is from a Mk.2.

After comparing Mk.1 seats which have the logo about midway up its portion of leather, and the Mk.2 has the emblem at the bottom of its leather portion, I can see that my passenger seat is actually from a Mk.2.

Wonder what happened that required a new seat? Did the motor give out and they found a secondhand replacement for cheaper than fixing it? Who knows, either way, now that I've noticed the emblems are at different heights, it really annoys me and I considered blasting the dealership and getting them to sort it out properly but they could probably claim it was traded-in that way so probably not even worth it, we all know how slippery those salesmen are.

So this is the Mk.1 versions (mine is Mk.1 as well) you can see the emblems are about midway:

RCZ - Mk.1 front seats.jpg

This is the Mk.2 seats, you can see the emblems are lower down:

RCZ - Mk.2 front seats.jpg

And these are the seats from my 2011, clearly my passenger seat is from the updated model:

RCZ - Mk.1 seats - mixed.jpg

2retro

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, seeing that would wind me up every time I got in the car! :mad: