What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Missing wire

A

Anonymous

Here is a picture of the front of my rcz hdi engine.
I'm missing the plug for the left dossier as in picture could anyone help. ???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 569
A

Anonymous

Sometimes these plugs are "empty" as they are only used for servicing ect.
I would imagine if the other end of the plug had come loose and fallen out it would be visibly dangling on the wiring loom, and you would of had some sort of warning message on the display.

Call into your nearest dealer just for piece of mind.

A

Anonymous

I've had these empty plugs on all my cars. Manufacturers tend to use the same wiring loom across several variants of the same car model. So if one model has, say, air con, and lesser spec one doesn't they'll have the same loom but only one will have that particular socket plugged in.

As Jactac says, if there's no loose wires with a plug to fit that empty socket, and if everything else is working and you have no warnings on the dash, then in all likelihood you're fine. It might even be something that would be used on the diesel engine's electrics but not on the petrol, or vice-versa.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your help. After a couple of weeks trying to sort it. Ther wasn't a plug in it lol. Car is all done now.