What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Missfire

Marcus

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2011 RCZ 1.6 THP it started to missfire and the fan is running constantly the EML came on I replaced the spark plugs and coils but no change my expansion tank is pressurising i removed the coil plugs one by one and found that there was no engine change in cylinder 1 so I swapped the coils over but still no change. I am now at a loss I have been told it could be the head gasket but there is no white smoke.
PLEASE HELP!!!

lfe

Reaction score
If you have missfiring with cold starting, the problem is probably in the high pressure fuel pump.

If in the list of fault codes, apart from the missfirings, P0087 appears, then it is definitely the pump.

lfe

Reaction score
I continue to insist on the high pressure fuel pump.

A diagnostic device should be connected to the ODB2 port and see what the fuel pressure does when these missfiring occur.

If there were problems with the head gasket you would have an ugly foam under the oil filler cap.

Marcus

Reaction score
I will investigate further with regards to the high pressure fuel pump and check the plugs again to see if they are dry now if I can add some pictures I will