What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

miss aligned rear bumper

A

Anonymous

On purchasing my RCZ I did not notice that the rear bumper was miss aligned.

As a consequence one of the rear break light corner is scratching and peeling off the paint from the bumper. The car is an opal white and the black plastics of the bumper is starting to show up.

I informed the dealer about it and who referred me to a local car repair centre.

The repair centre on removing the rear break light informed me that the bumper is pop riveted to the car structure and the only method to re align is to dismantle the bumper and re attach.

He was quite against doing such repairs on a new car.

I am enquiring whether you have ever noticed such miss alignment on your bumper and whether someone from Peugeot is able to let me know whether there are other methods of how this can be done without fully dismantling the bumper.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

The whole rear bumper assembly is bolted to the car not riveted....the book time remove and refit is 1.3 hours.

A

Anonymous

I have sent a mail to the local dealer about this. Surely they should have literature of how to do this.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I have been informed that I need to go to the car repair centre again. Does someone here have any literature of how this can be done?

A

Anonymous

can someone from Peugeot tell me how the rear bumper can be re alligned as i am still without a fix. Moroever i don't wnat to take my car to a garage who seems to be learning how this must be done.