What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Misfiring?

Mflack1

Reaction score
Hi all , my 1st post, sooo I have 10 plate 1.6 petrol rcz, had it for 2 years , drives like a dream, fully serviced, about 6 weeks ago driving from Birmingham on the m6 was overtaking at 60-65 mph put my foot down and the Car shuddered And went into limp mode! Luckily the service station was 1 mile away, pulled in flipped the bonet and the cooling system was still on , I checked oil and water(topped up both) and 5 mins later it all cleared and all back to normal,,,, got home took it to garage and no fault found!, last night was on m25 and done exactly the same thing!, limped home and took pic of dash!, possible misfiring ? I’m baffled as the engine is superb and drives like a dream inbetween to 2 times

NF7

Reaction score
That sounds like a failing spark plug or ignition coil - sounds more like a spark plug since when my ignition coil failed, my car never left limp mode.

Mflack1

Reaction score
That sounds like a failing spark plug or ignition coil - sounds more like a spark plug since when my ignition coil failed, my car never left limp mode.
Thanks mate, it came up as cylinder 2 on the scan?, so your probably correct, 👍

Reactions: NF7

Marmite

Reaction score
Sounds like a cool pack mine done it after I paid a garage to service it , turns out they had not tightened no 4 plug up so I do the servicing an repairs myself where I can

Pedro

Reaction score
Any number of things can cause that issue a few owners have found myself included it points to fuel pressure dying off under load which can cause rapid misfires cooling fan coming on full blast & all manner of codes showing up the usual culprit is the HPFP but it needs investigating

2retro

Reaction score
Coil pack most probably. Change all of them at same time if I were you.

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
Swop over no 4 to say 1 or 2 just to make sure but as 2Retro says all 4 together if one's going the others may follow later same with the plugs as these Engines hate mix & match ignition system parts