What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Melted front bumper??!

A

Anonymous

While at work today a colleague asked me what had happened to my car- cue major panic. When I went to have a look, it was a lot less than I thought, but yet difficult to explain.

There is a patch on the front bumper, at the bottom, that has melted. I will put up a photo tomorrow.

The only explanation that I can think of is that another driver reversed into me with a very hot exhaust, and stayed there while my poor car melted!.. it is about 2 or 3 inches long and about 1 inch deep. Anyway, difficult to explain, a photo may help.

A

Anonymous

Certainly does look like an exhaust has done it, but how? What were they doing for heavens sake?

A

Anonymous

The pipe must have stuck out quite abit to get there...also been very low...no cc cam for the carpark?

A

Anonymous

I don't know where it happened- it could have been anytime over the previous two weeks.

On to repair- is that something that a garage could mend (without replacing the whole bumper). Could a resin or similar be used to fill the gap and then be painted over??
Thanks

A

Anonymous

You wont need the replace the whole bumper for that but a garage might say you do! Bog standard filler and paint would see that right. Easy to do yourself and you wouldnt even notice it down there.