What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Media navigation system

A

Anonymous

Hello all from Greece!
I am ready to place the order for an RCZ 200hp and I have some questions regarding Media navigation system:

1. Are the navigation maps updated and accurate? How to they stand compared with Destinator, Tom-Tom or other navigation systems?
2. Is the navigation system "user friendly"?
3. Apart from SatNav, are the multimedia upgrades worth it?
4. Would you go with an aftermarket solution (eg Pioneer AVIC F920BT) or with Peugeot Media Navigation?

Thank you and happy new year!

A

Anonymous

Hi Zoros,

Welcome to the forum.

I have the satnav system on mine, and although I love it, I think it is way over-priced.... I bought the demonstrator model from my local garage so didnt have a choice.

I'm not sure how up-to-date the maps are, but so far I've had no problems. I was equally wondering the other day how the maps will be updated in the future and whether this will be free - perhaps someone else can better answer.
It's very user friendly, though the post-code input isn't great in UK cos you can only enter the first digit of the 2nd half.
I am really happy with it.... it has a massive display, hard drive and music system is good, and you get a pretty picture of your car when you are parking ;) It also has a DVD player though I doubt I will ever use it.... When I bought the car it was mentioned there are ways of keeping it on when driving though I doubt it's the safest thing in the world. The screen looks great on the dashboard when it pops up and I think improves the look of the car.

If the money's not an issue then go for it, though if you want to save a bit I am sure you could do something similar for less money though i doubt it would integrate as well with the car.

HTH

dave

A

Anonymous

I ordered it too. I love the way the interior of the car changes and also I found it quite useful (and I love having a hard drive inside (but FAT32...hello medieval age!). Nav updates are like 400 euros in Spain and there is one update per year (more or less). I won't buy it, it's waaaay overpriced (a robbery IMHO).

A

Anonymous

My wife had a built in sat nav on her jaguar - this used a DVD in the boot, and upgraded maps were about £400!!

I didn't go for the sat nav option on mine (couldn't see the point when a tom-tom is a £100-200 "add-on).

One option I am regretting not going for is the xenons - my wife has these on her new car, and they're amazing.

A

Anonymous

Thank you guys - you helped me a lot.
Probably I will go for it!