What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Major Oil Leak - Awaiting Verdict

A

Anonymous

Hi

I have the 200 GT and someome at work noticed a pool of oil where I'd been parked Friday. Took her into Peugeot today and they looked underneath and refused to let me take her home due to the amount of oil that had leaked underneath. Find out tomorrow what the problem is, but really hoping its nothing serious. Oil level indicator showing "ok" but I've only done 15 so miles since Friday. Will post an update once I know what the problem is. Feeling sad :(

A

Anonymous

That is saddening news. :( However, I'm sure that they'll be able to identify the problem quickly and hopefully rectify it equally as fast. Usually when people have reported this problem it turns out to be an issue with the drivetrain (as I suspect you realise). It's a fairly common fault unfortunately but not usually too tricky to fix. Have you been provided with a courtesy car to tide you over? Presumably your car is also still under warranty and this won't sting you anything!! Keep us posted!!

A

Anonymous

Hi. I'm hoping you're right and it proves an easy fix. Did not like the look on the mechanics face though once he had her on the ramp ! Said he wasn't happy for me to drive her any further. They offered me a "free" courtesy car but the Peugeot insurance was £7 per day !! Was stranded 10 miles from home so rang my Dad for a lift home and will contact my own insurance company if she's unavailble for longer than a few days. Thankfully she's still under warranty. Will keep you posted

A

Anonymous

PS - no idea what a "drivetrain" is! I'm a female RCZ owner :)

A

Anonymous

njdrabble said:
Hi. I'm hoping you're right and it proves an easy fix. Did not like the look on the mechanics face though once he had her on the ramp ! Said he wasn't happy for me to drive her any further. They offered me a "free" courtesy car but the Peugeot insurance was £7 per day !! Was stranded 10 miles from home so rang my Dad for a lift home and will contact my own insurance company if she's unavailble for longer than a few days. Thankfully she's still under warranty. Will keep you posted

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the mechanic's expression. They're known for that sucking of teeth look and sound for many problems both large and small!! If you're car is under warranty I personally would maybe think about having a wee word with the manager about paying for the courtesy car. You may be pleasantly surprised. However, it's entirely at their discretion and often depends on a driver's age. However, if you don't ask... :D

A

Anonymous

njdrabble said:
PS - no idea what a "drivetrain" is! I'm a female RCZ owner :)

:lol: Well FYI a drivetrain is the collection of components in a vehicle that drive the vehicle forward. This includes the transmission, the driveshaft, the axles, and the wheels. Maybe that helps...it'll certainly impress the pained looking mechanic! ;) :lol:

A

Anonymous

Thank you mrizzle for the information. I will certainly be asking about the condition of my drivetrain when they ring me tomorrow :lol:

A

Anonymous

njdrabble said:
Thank you mrizzle for the information. I will certainly be asking about the condition of my drivetrain when they ring me tomorrow :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: well in!! Just make sure you have google to hand then...just in case!! ;) :D

A

Anonymous

Re: Major Oil Leak - The Verdict

Hi

Was a problem with the Timing Chain Tensioner (!) or something like that. She should be back to full health by Thursday :D :D :D

A

Anonymous

Great news (that's a really easy thing to fix and will be a simple replacement). The delay is probably due to awaiting them having to wait for the part. See...read NOTHING into any mechanic's sucking of teeth!! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Yey good news.........well kind of ;) not long until you get your baby back and enjoying it all over again :smile:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2