What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Major flat spot ... Losing all faith in the RCZ now.

A

Anonymous

Yet another problem has appeared on the RCZ over the last few weeks.
Sometimes on startup it sounds like a bag of nails are rattling around in the engine.
Major loss of power.. Tried overtaking a car on he Motorway this morning ,
Put my foot down and nothing.. infact I thought it was actually going to stall
altogether ... Not a good thing when your in the fast lane. Then started the car up
this afternoon and reved the car and again no power.. The cars booked in tomorrow.
So , so far in just over a year of ownership the cars had...
2 mirrors
Squeaky windows
A new rear fog light
Front seat bases
New Brake calipers due to rusting
Oil leak
Knocking on the steering
And now this new problem
All these have been on separate occasions which has obviously cost me a lot
of time , and cost in fuel driving it to the dealership.
Would really like to look at swapping for a new Peugeot but residules on the
Rcz are pretty poor and would defiantly mean we'd be in negative equity. Looks
like we'll just have to put up with it for the moment , but I really think Peugeot should
start looking at customers concerns on an individual basis.

Not Happy :-(

Mike

A

Anonymous

Sad to hear of your sorrows Mike a real pain is your rcz in the ass trade in seems the only way you will rid yourself of this lemon of a car...just hang in there mate and wait for that opportunity. To get shot of for maybe a facelift rcz or the new 208 gti 200bhp

A

Anonymous

i can understand tomorrow i am going to the dealer to replace my 3rd alloy :-(. its a hassle going and coming to the dealer. it seems that everyone thinks that we have the leasure to stay driving to the dealer to fix things up without being compensated for it!

A

Anonymous

Quick update....They can't find a problem so they want to keep it overnight so " someone " can use it
tonight to see if they can replicate the problem... It's so intermittent though I doubt they'll find it.
Then what !!!!

A

Anonymous

it seems that the problem u describe is quite common on this forum with the petrol model. it should be something related to the timing chain and the loosing of the timing and tension.

A

Anonymous

My RCZ has been in 19 times in just under 24 months. I try to get rid of it but I am emotionally attached like a mother to a teenage brat. You don't want it but you know you will feel less with out. Hahahahaha I have 43 pages of service and warranty receipts. I challenge anyone to beat that.

A

Anonymous

dwalker747 said:
My RCZ has been in 19 times in just under 24 months. I try to get rid of it but I am emotionally attached like a mother to a teenage brat. You don't want it but you know you will feel less with out. Hahahahaha I have 43 pages of service and warranty receipts. I challenge anyone to beat that.

That's crazy... I think I would have thrown it back to them by now implying its not fit for the purpose !!! I'm getting very close to doing that with mine :-(
My biggest worry now with this problem is.. If they can't find a problem , that potentially leaves me with a car that I will not want to use on the motorway and seeing as 22 miles of my commute to work is on the motorway .. What will I do !!!!

The sad thing is .. I actually love the car and would consider having another.. I'm sure there must be some good ones out there.. They can't all be lemons .... can they ?

A

Anonymous

had the same problem with the 175 thp engine in my 207 gti was the timing chain tensioners was done under warranty but took them ages to find the problem as it didnt do it all the time
its a commom fault on the thp engine i think
with the upgraded parts in it was fine after that

A

Anonymous

My car is the same, the worst thing is they said its just meant to be like that.
I've had all the same problems, been 3 weeks and I'm still waiting for the mirrors to be sorted!

A

Anonymous

Well got the car back ... It's had from what I can understand an engine flush... Well see if that helps :-(

A

Anonymous

Hi guys. I am considering getting a RCZ. After reading your column, I am concerned!
Appreciate some advice what are the things I should check before I take delivery.
The car comes with 5 years unlimited milage warranty .
Dr. Vijayan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

A

Anonymous

Im not going to lie great looking car! Put together with glue.
Just a few design faults. And the thp engine has always had its faults!

But knowing all this I still went and bought one and have loved it for the year I have had it!