What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Magneti Marelli RNEG2 Model 98067084XT Radio - Dead

GWRCuber

Reaction score
Hey all,

New member here. Found this site through Google while trying to troubleshoot my dead radio.

Cars a 2014 Peugeot 5008 with the Magneti Marelli RT6(?). The radio isn't actually dead, appears to need a firmware update (does the whole "CD ejection" routine constantly with no display) but I'm having a problem finding a good copy of 2.75 to get me updated. Flashed the existing SD card and reloaded the existing files, no luck. I'm not concerned with updating maps, just want the parking sensors and radio display to work again! Really hoping to not have to buy a used replacement.

Any and all advise is welcome! Living in a foreign country with only rudimentary language skills makes getting this done just that much more difficult.

Thanks in advance for whatever you've got!

Pedro

Reaction score
Don't quote me on this but I can only suggest going to a dealer as a lot of firmware updates will not even load into the Peugeot systems I tried & my son who is a hi tec computer programmer also had a go to load updates & it blocked them so maybe it not possible without the correct firmware also if its the flip up screen the main feed wires are known to die a slow death in some cases so could be that's the problem?

GWRCuber

Reaction score
I was already at the dealer and they told me I need a new radio... 1,500 Euro. I'll try the dealer again, now that I've pulled the radio.

I'm not sure about the cable. It provides power to the monitor and the backlight works, just no image.

It appears there are 2 versions of this system. One system, I can find dozens of replacement radio heads, my system, I've found 2 used and they're 5,00-6,50 Euro, used!

I've loved almost everything about this car... until now!

Appreciate the help. I'll keep looking at options. Today I went to an after-market radio installer to see if he can get me something that will just replace the Peugeot system, completely.

chrismac

Reaction score
They are available on eBay for a lot less. I don't know if there will be any issues doing a straight swap, if so any decent auto electrician should be able to do it.

GWRCuber

Reaction score
Like I said, there appears to be two versions of this radio. I've seen the units on eBay and I can pretty much tell you if it's the right version, based on cost alone. If it's 300, or less, it's the wrong version. If it's around 500, or more, it's my version. The difference is in the connections in the back. My version has a different accessory arrangement, with an extra plug.

Really hoping to get a clean copy of Firmware 2.75 so I can try again to update my SD card. If I can't get that I'll just keep looking for another option but I just have a concern buying a second hand radio for 500.