What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Machine polishing Classes

A

Anonymous

Hi all

I am not sure if this would be of interest to anyone on this forum and if this is not allowed please delete moderators

Myself and Defined Details a very well known Detailer run machine polishing classes we have another one on the 17th and 18th of September

All the details can be found in this thread.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=229910

If anyone would like to sign up feel free or have any questions ask away.

Regards

Lee

RCZ1

Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't make that weekend but would be interested in something like this in the future. I'm self taught in this area but would like to learn more.

I do have a question for you regarding the Gtechniq wool pad. Would I be able to use this pad on my DA 5" backing plate or do I need to buy the Gtechniq backing plate? I've used P1 by hand ( which gave excellent results) but not tried it by machine yet but keep reading great things about the wool pad and the results that you can get.

Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Unfortunately I can't make that weekend but would be interested in something like this in the future.

Sama Sama

Will still be away myself :wave:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Unfortunately I can't make that weekend but would be interested in something like this in the future. I'm self taught in this area but would like to learn more.

I do have a question for you regarding the Gtechniq wool pad. Would I be able to use this pad on my DA 5" backing plate or do I need to buy the Gtechniq backing plate? I've used P1 by hand ( which gave excellent results) but not tried it by machine yet but keep reading great things about the wool pad and the results that you can get.

Many thanks.

Hi

I am afraid you cannot use Wool on the da well you can but not very effective at all due to the da oscillating unlike a rotary P1 will still give good results by foam of course I will pm you information on P1 that you might find interesting.

What you should be looking at for DA use now is the new microfiber system by meguariars it really is very good.

Shame you can’t come to one of the classes we can show you all these systems etc hopefully might meet one day and the rotary is not the scary machine it can sometimes be made out to be.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Thanks for that information. I look forward to the information on the P1 too :thumbup:

I have the Chemical Guys Hexlogic Pads, which I really like. Found them much better to work with than the Sonus Pads that I got with the DA. How do the new Meguiars micro fibre pads compare to the Hexlogic ones?

A

Anonymous

Lee please pm me too with information abt P1.If it possible ;)

A

Anonymous

I favour the hex logic pads by DA not that I use a DA very often at all the vibration drives me mad why I try and convert people to the rotary

The new microfiber system is completely different to foam pads once you have your technique right with them it seems to level the paint much better than most systems out there and really leave a very high level of clarity to the paint I am still testing the system myself but at the moment I am very impressed.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Thanks Lee. I will do some research on those new pads - thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Yes you do get a fair bit of arm and hand aches after using the DA :D I don't think I would try a rotary unless I'd had pro help in that area. :eusa-think: I have got a scrap door panel that I practised on when I got the DA. It was invaluable. It really helped me to get to grips with how much pressure to apply to the paintwork without inflicting damage.