What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

low rpms

A

Anonymous

Hello,

New RCZian here :wave:

My new 200hp Perla is about to arrive in 10 days.
I wanted to ask if it is considered a good practise or if it is necessary to drive the car for some miles in low rpm (sorry don't know the exact word in english :oops: )?
That was the case some years ago but I have been told that this is not needed anymore

FGRob

Reaction score
shakur said:
Hello,

New RCZian here :wave:

My new 200hp Perla is about to arrive in 10 days.
I wanted to ask if it is considered a good practise or if it is necessary to drive the car for some miles in low rpm (sorry don't know the exact word in english :oops: )?
That was the case some years ago but I have been told that this is not needed anymore
Hi Shakur.

The term you are looking for is "running in", which is something you don't have to worry about too much these days, you just need to bed the brakes and tyres in really then a varied approach with regard to the engine is the best way forward.

Take a look at this link for a thread which discussed this very point, there an interesting link to a site which talks about engine running in. ;) post6753.html?hilit=running in#p6753

Thanks
Rob.